The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
^ Agreed
Original post by tunza1
anyone heard or knows of people who have heard back from jefferies yet?

No I applied 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back...have you?
Original post by jjj1120
Hi everyone,

I'm a 1st year analyst at JPMorgan in Operations and applying for 2017 IBD Grad roles. Have recently submitted applications for Normura, DB and MS (Frankfurt) and on my way completing Citi and UBS. Knowing it's November already and those banks would've handed out majority of IBD grad offers out by now, do you think it's still worth for me applying a few more, just for IBD grad jobs? I'm a little perplexed as to whether those companies have still got spaces for their IBD 2017 Grad roles...?

To name again, I'm applying to the following:

Deutsche Bank
Morgan Stanley (Frankfurt)
Normura
UBS
Citi

If any of you have got the most updated information re roles and are they now filled up etc, it'd be great! Otherwise, I am more than happy to provide insight/interview questions for JPM, not just in Operations but Risk as well.

Thank you!

Citi is full, they emailed me saying that. UBS is also full...not sure about the others though :smile:
Original post by daveevad
Is this for IB?

Markets
Does anyone has Barclays HR recruitment email ? It has been almost a month since I completed business insight 2 and I am still yet to hear from them about the outcome. Is anyone of you in the same situation ?
Original post by GeeGee3
Same here. Have you taken the numerical test?
Original post by Flamoxx17
Same here. Have you taken the numerical test?

No they haven't sent me it :/
does anyone know how many days it takes MS to reply after a telephone interview? I just finished it...not sure if it went well :/ he asked a lot of technicals
Original post by GeeGee3
does anyone know how many days it takes MS to reply after a telephone interview? I just finished it...not sure if it went well :/ he asked a lot of technicals

Usually up to a week
Original post by GeeGee3

Have u applied for Tech Analyst ?? I have got an interview next week, , ,,
Original post by gavin1611
Have u applied for Tech Analyst ?? I have got an interview next week, , ,,

No I applied for IBD off cycle
Reply 791
Original post by GeeGee3

nope but was told i would by friday (same with a few others so probably not good)
Original post by spoli21
Usually up to a week

mine has been 10 days (incl weekend) does that basically mean rejection? haha
Original post by tunza1
nope but was told i would by friday (same with a few others so probably not good)

did you email HR or phone them? cos i havent heard from them since my submission email
Original post by TheParham
mine has been 10 days (incl weekend) does that basically mean rejection? haha

Not at all, MS sometimes takes really long, after AC last year I had to wait 5 weeks before being given an offer. Just give HR a call, they are friendly and will given you an update on roughly when they will get back to you
Original post by spoli21
Usually up to a week

oh I actually got an email today! I'm through to the next round of interviews at their office!
Reply 796
Original post by GeeGee3
did you email HR or phone them? cos i havent heard from them since my submission email

they emailed me, quite generic but i also applied more than 2 weeks ago so might be reviewed earlier
Original post by tunza1
they emailed me, quite generic but i also applied more than 2 weeks ago so might be reviewed earlier

ah fair enough...I just emailed them anyway lol...i feel like maybe they've finished recruiting, itll be annoying if they have cos that app was so long
I have received an email from BAML asking me to complete their Situational Judgement Assessment.

Has anyone taken this?

If yes, how did you find it? and what advice do you have for me regarding how to best prepare for it?
Original post by midnight999
I have received an email from BAML asking me to complete their Situational Judgement Assessment.

Has anyone taken this?

If yes, how did you find it? and what advice do you have for me regarding how to best prepare for it?

yh they just present you with diff scenarios you'll come across in your role and tell you to select what you'd most likely and least likely do out of 3 options...you can't really prep tbh, just select what you would do.

Has anyone heard from BAMLl after the SJT though? i still haven't :/

Quick Reply

Latest