The Student Room Group

My GCSE Summer Bucket List

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by shawn_o1
Yo Lii I'm really happy for you I'ma let you finish but ___ had one of the best Summer Bucket Lists of all time!

who?
Original post by LiiHyde
who?

whoever actually wins :wink:
Reply 62
Original post by shawn_o1
whoever actually wins :wink:

ok thats confusing XD
edit: Iv'e been informed you're Kanye West and yes ___did deserve to win :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63

I did my stationary haul with my friends a few days ago and I bought sooooo much stuff >.< like I made a list to keep track and everything (I bought a few things before I went so I've included all the stationary I have bought over the summer)

2 x Black Brush Pens £2.00 (From Tiger)
14 x Washi Tapes £6.00 (from Tiger and Wilko)
4 x Coloured Paint Pens £2.00 (From Tiger)
6 x Gelly Roll Pens £3.25 (From Paperchase)
3 x Uniball Air Black £2.75 (From Wilko)
1 x Diary £8.00 (From Paperchase)
5 x Tinge Pens £3.00 (The Works and Tiger)
1 x Scissors £2.00 (Tiger)
2 x Page Markers £1.30 (Wilko)
2 x Folders £1.00 (Wilko)
1 x Page Dividers £0.30 (Wilko)
1 x Revision Cards £0.50 (Wilko)
1 x Mini Stapler £0.10 (Wilko)

The total of all that was £32.60. The damage is done
My Conclusion? I spend too much on stationary.

Reply 64

I actually spent so long getting things ready for this and I forgot how ruthless the people who go to these things are XD But in all fairness, I expect most of the stuff I sold wouldn't have sold as easily online. So it was better this way.

As soon as we started unloading our car we were being pestered by the other sellers, which I wasn't expecting.(Shows my lack of experience with car boot sales I guess) The first customer wanted to buy my old K-9 Doctor Who Toy - the site we went to had a no dealers policy but I'm pretty sure this guy was, as he was marching back and forth collecting up all the expensive nick-knacks the flustered sellers had for pennies BEFORE the sale even started. I sold him the K-9 for £2.50 (I wanted £4 but hey it was missing it's ears and the remote control)

I didn't sell many books or revision guides, so I think I will sell them online before exam season starts again :3 (Thank You @ceilele for the brilliant idea xx) We didn't sell any clothes either, I felt so sorry for the poor car opposite us that was just selling clothes and they basically didn't sell anything and the pitch was £5 so they ended up making a loss! (that'd be the worst!)

A couple of the things I did manage to sell included a balance bike for £8 and my old projector for £12.50 so I did manage to part with some items that I didn't need. I also sold a bunch of pool chemicals for £2 (ngl I think we were basically being payed for them to take them away) I sold a load of play-mobile for £8 and we had a lot of interest in the Sylvanian Manor we had, but no one wanted to buy it, so I think we are going to try and sell it online.

At the end of the day, after I'd removed my float and my pitch costs, I'd made £60! Which I had hoped for so I am very happy :smile: Then just as we started packing up (we left early because there weren't that many people around and I had to rush back to do the sky ride) I noticed that a lady a couple of tables up from us was selling a pink DS lite for £15 and it was brand new, like she'd NEVER used it :O So after looking up how much it sold for at Game and CEX I ended up buying it for £12 and sold it the next day at Game for £21 so I made and extra £9!! (ohohoh I am like a little Nintendo dealer :3) So I am a happy bunny :bunny:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65

Did this yesterday and I have improved since last year oooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhh (btw this is a supeeerrrr long post lol sry)
So basically these were the rules (I may have kinda made them up on the spot lol)
- Everyone is in pairs (we had 12 people playing). :five:
- One pair is "up" at the start of the round and together they must count to 60 to allow everyone time to go and hide.:hide:
- If one of the hunters catches a person then they become stuck and must freeze, the frozen one's partner can unfreeze them by touching them but if they get caught by a hunter then that pair is out and becomes hunters too.
- When only one pair remains the game is over and the remaining pair wins.
- The first pair that got caught then becomes the hunters of the next game.

My partner and I were very good at this game (probably because we both live near the heath we played it on) and we won the first game and came second in the next game:mmm:. I think it took the hunters about an hour each time to finish the game (so if I do it again I think I'll have to invite even more people!) but the best pairs were the ones that found the ultimate hiding spots and had the patience to sit their for the entire game!

Spoiler

On the first game we hid just off from the centre and crouched behind some trees in a bush and probably stayed their for about 30 minutes before we got bored and decided to go and stir some action up by revealing ourselves. My friend had been on holiday so we had plenty to talk about and catch up on :tongue:. Almost as soon as I stepped out onto the edge of the heaths centre we were spotted by the hunters so we sprinted down a path near our original hiding spot and then into this half made path across a fern bed. After realising it was a dead end we basically threw ourselves into the ferns (best idea ever ngl) where I then got the shock of my life as my cat was prowling around the fern beds. He tore off into the undergrowth before he could realise it was his mama (bet he wasn't expecting to see me there heheh) and we continued to crawl through the ferns until we were completely covered. :leaf:After a little while we got bored again so we clambered out of the ferns and walked up one of the main paths and spied on the hunters who had all gathered in the center (about 6 hunters at this point) we then went and found a new hiding spot by a tree pretended to be bad-asses kicking our way through a lot of dead branches. Once we had settled on the floor of a tree my friend then called me to say I had won and they couldn't find either of my pair anywhere XD.Second round my pair teamed up with my little sister and her friend (simply because I love her :3 ) and hid in a tree opposite the fern bed we had hid in originally (the whole area surrounding the path was covered with ferns so we had great camouflage) so we sat their and chatted away my sister and her friend sat on a log under the tree and me and my friend sat in the tree as look outs. When the hunters started walking down our path though they had already heard us talking so I was silently dying of laughter in the tree whilst my partner curled up like a ball but because my sister didn't realise what was happening they didn't stop talking XD it took the hunters two attempts to find us but when they did they had no idea how we'd gotten into the tree so just stood their like lemons.This gave me and my partner time to jump out of the tree like ninjas and duck into some ferns so they lost our trail and left my sister to fend for herself (I'm too cruel haha) Unfortunately we had another repeat with the hunter in our second hiding spot so my partner got caught and I had to make a dash to a new spot. I went back to the fern bed we had first hidden in but didn't quite make it so decided to dive into a the ferns randomly and crawl to another path but the ferns got so thick I ended up having to sit and wait.I could hear from my fern cage that my sister hadn't actually left the log under the tree and another hunter was trying to brave the ferns to get to them. She then got caught and as a newly fledged hunter she hatched a plan with her captor to lure me out of my hiding spot. (I have to admit it was a pretty good plan that didn't work) She pretended she hadn't been caught and the hunter chased her around the woods whilst she screamed for me to help her.

I laughed so hard.

Anyway the day was really good fun and I then had everyone back round mine to play a game of Irish Snap
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66

I was given a projector as a thank you for helping some family friends to make a movie and it's suuuuuuchh a good projector (and it's portable!!) I just haven't had much opportunity to use it :frown: but since I got back from tour my friends who I went with have had a binge watch of all three series of this american anime called RWBY.

To sum it up it's about a girl called Ruby who gets into a School called Beacon designed to make their students "Hunters/Huntresses" to fight the evil monsters. She becomes part of a team (called Team RWBY) with her sister where she is the team leader and its all about them fighting the evil to save the human race. I think that sort of explains it...

Any way it was good fun to watch (despite the animation being questionable) and it meant I got to use my projector so I can tick that off me bucket list yaaaay :3

Reply 67
Woooow, this blog is Amazeballs! idk what shauns' referring to but you definitely have the "best summer bucket lists of all time", so much thought is in it and so nicely laid out :-) Sounds like you've had great fun this summer :-)
Reply 68
Original post by Maxer
Woooow, this blog is Amazeballs! idk what shauns' referring to but you definitely have the "best summer bucket lists of all time", so much thought is in it and so nicely laid out :-) Sounds like you've had great fun this summer :-)

Yay thank you so much :3 it means a lot :smile: and haha yeah I wasn't entirely sure but my friend told me it was something to do with Taylor Swift winning an award and Rhianna not winning ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But I'm having an a m a z i n g summer I hope you are too! :h::woo::h:
Reply 69

I'm sorry I couldn't get much footage of me playing but as I'm sure you can appreciate my TV is the worst XD

Spoiler

This is such a good game and it's taking me so long to finish it! Basically the game is about a wolf god called Amatesaru who protects Japan (Nippon in the game) against the evil demon Orochi who has come back to life out of a 100 year old legend. Ammy is joined by a wandering artist named Issun on a quest to rid the evil from all of Japan to save Sakuya a tree spirit thing, well, that's the first arc of the story anyway.
It took me a little while to get to grips with the game play and fighting bosses (I died at least 8 times fighting this monster that wasn't even a mini boss) also I often found myself getting really lost as the map is so big that I would mistake new areas for places I hadn't explored yet. However the game is really charming with slightly odd animation but I quite like it :3

The game has three arcs to it The First Arc is where Ammy begins to learn celestial brush strokes to help defeat Orochi, ending with a fairly straight forward battle against Orochi with the help of the drunken descendant of Nagi who defeated Orochi in the original legend. I honestly thought at this point I had finished the game at this point only to discover I was only 1/3 of the way through the game. I don't want to spoil the rest of the game to any potential players but I definitely wasn't expecting the dramatic turn of events in the second arc and it was harder to finish Orochi off than I thought :K:

Turns out the 78 hours my friend was talking about included collecting a bunch of beads and a load of side quests and they didn't do that until their like fifth run at the game so I call it UNFAIR and I shall play the game in peace without worrying about silly side quests. hmph (tbh I have already done a fair amount of the side quests a n y w a y)

My Favourite Characters are...

Spoiler

One of my favourite blogs ever! It's amazing you have the best GCSE summer bucket list ever, I wish I had thought of your ideas :smile:))
Reply 71

I've been doing this continuously over the summer as I've had to keep up with practicing for my exam. I really REALLY dislike music theory but I need it to continue to do my Grade 6 Flute (and I think it gives you UMS points)

My main weakness is key signatures and working out the relative majors/minors etc urgh strong dislike for it. However my teacher is very nice and I actually don't know when I'm going to have time to do practice it this term (lol) so I can't let her down by not continuing my practise over the summer. I have successfully finished a past paper on it tho (which took all my will power to complete) and I have also started to learn the musical vocabulary to go with it *cry cry* there's so much of it too aaaaaahhh.

Oh well I understand it all so far (I think) so I would say that's successful revision! Woo (Hope you enjoy my pictures of my revision xx)
Reply 72
Original post by Chloehoward
One of my favourite blogs ever! It's amazing you have the best GCSE summer bucket list ever, I wish I had thought of your ideas :smile:))

Yay thank you soooooooo much :smile: I hope your summer has been aaammaaaaaaazing xxx
Reply 73

I did this last night and it was amazing. :awesome: Actually it was kind of a spontaneous panic as I realised I hadn't done it yet so forced my lovely friend to come round and camp in my garden before results day (not like we were going to sleep anyway ) But it was a good way to get it done! (so thanks TSR for making me do stuff! )

I've done DofE but sleeping in a teeny tent was very different, it's ridiculously hot atm too so we left a mosquito net up and tried to keep the tent as ventilated as possible, also we had aaaaaallllll the cushions to make it cosy (despite the sweltering heat urgh)

(this was me speed putting up a tent for my friend and me to sleep in)

We basically stayed up contemplating GCSE results and other rubbish and we watched Tangled with my projector by screening it on the back of the tent (so we watched it back to front lol)

Sorry the pictures aren't the best but apparently camera's don't work in the dark lol (I did try :frown: )

I still haven't stopped laughing at my friend though after the conversation we had last night:

Me: Hey are you hungry?
Friend: Nah
*Friends Stomach Rumbles*
Friend: OH WHO AM I KIDDING I'M STARVING
Me: *dies of laughter*

It didn't end there though, I went inside to get some food to ease our hunger AND I STOOD ON A FROG EEEEUUUUUCK

But it was still a lot of banter and it was nice because we had the safety of my house to retreat to if we didn't like it or it rained.
I am still super shattered though so today being results day has left me completely wiped out. (I got 3A*5A3B which I am very pleased with) also my Dad decided to get a PUPPY TODAY ERMAGERD ITS SO CUTE (but my cat hissed at it on noes :frown: )
Reply 74

Because it's been an on-going thing I've had to leave ironing for one of my last posts (urgh) This summer had been so busy I can't say I have done terribly much :colondollar: and I don't know how much I needed to do to please my mum (I needed to pay £100 towards music tour which I haven't really done)

Basically because I didn't have a job this year I had to find alternative methods to please my mum. However last week I got OFFERED A JOB to help teach swimming at the pool I used to swim at when I was little!!! I'm soooooo excited!!!! Because I passed that swimming course I now have a Saturday job wooooooooo!!! (I think that should have probably been on my bucket list too lol)

So now I can technically pay off my mum from my job :3 but I think I should still help with ironing because it's a good life skill to have.

(I had no idea that so many GIFS for ironing existed!)
Reply 75

I have hardly played any flute since Christmas because I haven't been in school terribly much (perks of being ill lol) So when at the end of term I finally was able to have a flute lesson (a very expensive one at that) I knew I was going to have to put in a lot of work to get my flute playing up to scratch ( I had to speed learn all the pieces for music tour too!)

I have decided to take Grade 6 Flute (but I think that'll be my last grade, I hate the pressure) and spent the summer learning the first part of one of my pieces and 3 of the hardest scales so I could get on with school work more easily.
The piece is called "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" and is really beautiful so far, I like putting emphasis on my crescendos when I play it :3
I haven't played it with the piano yet so I need to have a go at that as well perhaps... (my friend is a very good Pianist hehehehehhhh...)

The scales I picked to learn are:

F# Major, B Major and C# Minor Harmonic.
*cries* I'm still struggling with the top A# and B so the scale isn't exactly perfect in B major.

I was having an evaluation practice today and our new puppy was howling along to my scales (idk if he likes flute or not yet) Luckily he's fast asleep now.

I have definitely made progress with my flute and considering as I usually put my flute down in the summer and don't even think about it until September. I am quite proud that I have found the motivation to keep going with it.
Reply 76

My FINAL Item on my GCSE Summer Bucket List *cry cry*

I have just finished organising my wardrobe for Six-Form so I can actually find my clothes (lol) and so I don't end up wearing the same clothes every day! (tbh I'll almost definitely be doing that anyway)

I have about 12 Jumpers, 3 Skirts, 5 pairs of trousers and like 2 decent T-shirts -_- So I think I might have to buy some more T-shirts lol. I went through a faze of buying every jumper I saw in H&M so I am inundated with jumpers (I love the cold weather ahhh autumn leaves :3)

I would go buy a load of clothes but I'm saving my exam money to buy a laptop for school so I'm looking forward to that (I think I might be going laptop shopping tomorrow *squeals with excitement*)

I had a go at making different outfits out of my clothes and here is an example of one of them :3

Spoiler

Reply 77

So in conclusion, I have had a really fantastic summer. I have learnt new things, made time to have fun and pushed myself to go and do all the items e.g. camping which I nearly forgot about AGAIN (I wanted to do it last year too lol) Being an extra long summer for me due to study leave, I'm glad I decided to do this, as it has really helped me to go and enjoy the last 72 days (well actually there's still 9 days left for me) I'm going to really miss writing my posts on here :frown: ah well :smile:

Good Luck to all the other blog owners!
I hope everyone else has had a wonderful summer! Thank you so much for reading and thanks TSR for holding this competition

So this is good bye from me!
- Lii xx :h:
Congrats for finishing! I loved the video
Hope you win xx

(p.s. loving Okami <3, you majestic whale)

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Lizzidavies
Congrats for finishing! I loved the video
Hope you win xx

(p.s. loving Okami <3, you majestic whale)

Spoiler

Thank you so such babe you are the best majestic whale I know such beautiful gifs they are me in my spirit form xx

Quick Reply

Latest