Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Personal Compelling Reasons

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently seeking to apply for CPR, as my Univrsity has asked me to retake the year. I've unfortunately used me gift year from withdrawing from another Univeristy, so require additional funding to continue studying.

    Unfortunately, I was hospitalised around feburary and was unable to properly prepare for exams in March. I was too sick to attend one exam. I'm a disabled student with long term medical illness. My doctor had agreed to write a letter saying my admission took time away from lectures, seminars, coursework and that a flare up with my ongoing disability caused me to unable to attend fully to my studies.

    I was wondering the exact criteria of evgilibity and if I had good grounds? I'm really anxious I won't be able to attain funding and continue

    Many thanks

    There's no criteria of eligibility. They look at each persons situation and decide whether that plus the submitted evidence is enough to give you CPR. All they are asking is, is did the situation (in your case, the hospital admission) affect you in such a way that you either really struggled or had to drop out?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.