The Student Room Group
I'd say same course at lots of different unis.
Makes writing your personal statement easier (easier to show commitment to a subject).
Interviews could be difficult if you've applied to 5 different subjects.
Perhaps you should think about it for a while unitl you are set on only one or two subjects?:smile:
Reply 2
Fishfinger Sandwich
I'd say same course at lots of different unis.
Makes writing your personal statement easier (easier to show commitment to a subject).
Interviews could be difficult if you've applied to 5 different subjects.
Perhaps you should think about it for a while unitl you are set on only one or two subjects?:smile:

totally agree.
Definitely the same course, or at most 2 different ones, at all 5 unis. It will make your personal statement sound more focused and if you apply to the same uni for several different courses, especially somewhere as competitive as LSE, you risk being rejected by all of them.
Reply 4
There was a thread last year in the LSE forum and someone had spoken to an admissions tutor and they had apparently said that applying to more than 2 courses at the uni made it look like you were more interested in studying at the uni than in your actual course which doesnt look good.
Reply 5
thanks a lot guys! :biggrin: you made it easier for me to make my decision:smile: all the best!
The admissions tutor (or whatever they're called) at Imperial said to have the same subject area through your choices. As said before, it makes for a naturally more focused PS.

Latest

Trending

Trending