The Student Room Group

Will BLM help secure Trump for president

Your average white American must be looking at these events with complete disdain, crime rates are through the roof in black areas, as is black on white crime, and black protesters are burning towns/cities while black hate groups are targeting white police officers while black criminals are trying to rob them on their way home from work.

I honestly believe that a notable proportion of white Americans will vote for Trump because the majority want to support the police, they don't want Hilary blaming racism and playing identity politics.

And lets face it, the BLM position/group and all the people talking about it are f-ing ridiculous, people aren't openly saying it because of intimidation. But nobody is taking this seriously. even the name 'BLM', really !? so police your own areas, sort out the crime, promote education... people aren't saying it to their faces but everyone is thinking it, and people are going to vote Trump.

Thoughts, do you think the BLM movement will gain votes for Hilary or Trump ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't think it will be Trump as I think Trump appears to black people appears as a rich white guy who would probably side with the police and who would probably not side with the blacks. Those same reasons, however, might gather him more votes from some whites. Hillary on the other hand is a part of the "establishment", so that's also against her. However, if she could somehow convince black people that she's on their side, they might vote her.
How did Nixon get elected? The exact same way. People didn't want to vote democrat since George McGovern supported the Civil rights movement, which the majority of america disapproved of due to the black supremacist violence which came out of it.
I think BLM could singlehandedly be the tipping point that puts Trump in the White House.

The average voting American is not going to favour a movement that effectively blames them for every single problem faced by blacks.

Sure, a lot of people support BLM. How many of these are actually going to vote, and vote for Hillary at that?
Maybe BLM is the Trade Federation, and Trump is the (good version of) Palpatine.
Donald Trump will heighten racial tensions, most non-Whites in America have an unfavourable opinion of him.

Him winning also means having a bimbo for a First Lady :lol:

What do you want Trump to do to those pesky Blacks?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hopefully.
Original post by WBZ144
Donald Trump will heighten racial tensions, most non-Whites in America have an unfavourable opinion of him.

I always knew you were a racist, thanks for confirming. What do you want Trump to do to those pesky Blacks?

This is the dumbest thing I've read today
Reply 8
Original post by WBZ144

I always knew you were a racist, thanks for confirming. What do you want Trump to do to those pesky Blacks?

As apposed Mrs.Obama, she looks more masculine than most Russian beef farmers, I think having a first LADY again will be good for America.

Michelle Obama looks like Mike Tyson in drag, she looks stronger than Barry.

Ironically, I would want equality for the black community, for example, no more positive racial discrimination to give preferential treatment based on skin color, give black communities a taste of the real world and stop handing them free shlt because we feel sorry for them, this tokenism is ridiculously demeaning for them and unfair to everyone else.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
As apposed Mrs.Obama, she looks more masculine than most Russian beef farmers, I think having a first LADY again will be good for America.

Michelle Obama looks like Mike Tyson in drag, she looks stronger than Barry.

Ironically, I would want equality for the black community, for example, no more positive racial discrimination to give preferential treatment based on skin color, give black communities a taste of the real world and stop handing them free shlt because we feel sorry for them, this tokenism is ridiculously demeaning for them and unfair to everyone else.

What "free s***" and preferential treatment do they get?

I don't care about Michelle Obama but she certainly has far more brains than Melania. The fact that you would rather have someone with feathers for a brain just because she is semi-pretty (considering all the plastic surgery) shows the level of intelligence of Trump supporters :lol:
Reply 10
Blacks just want stuff for free. If the Americans don't vote Trump in, the USA will become another Rhodesia.
Original post by TelAviv
I think BLM could singlehandedly be the tipping point that puts Trump in the White House.

The average voting American is not going to favour a movement that effectively blames them for every single problem faced by blacks.

Sure, a lot of people support BLM. How many of these are actually going to vote, and vote for Hillary at that?

What does that have to do with Trump and the other candidates? ...Are there any candidates who do stand for it? It's not rhetorical, I genuinely wanna know.
It's ironic that BLM are pushing centreground voters towards Trump and a tight run contest they could tip it to him.
To be honest though if the pole figures start showing he is going to win I will be amazed if he makes it to November with his head still on his shoulders, such is the violence of some BLM supporters.
Original post by caravaggio2
It's ironic that BLM are pushing centreground voters towards Trump and a tight run contest they could tip it to him.
To be honest though if the pole figures start showing he is going to win I will be amazed if he makes it to November with his head still on his shoulders, such is the violence of some BLM supporters.

That's exactly what I've been saying but many people around here were born under rocks and don't get simple **** or they're tryna be socially acceptable and denying it, dunno.
There seem to be a lot of similarities between BLM and fascism.
I would suspect that there are some high up in BLM who would be very happy with a trump victory.

I mean, in terms of their personal self-interest it would be brilliant.

Trump victory
= guarantied boost in support for them within the black community..
= probable 4 years of increased racial tensions..

If they were a business, then a Trump victory is the jackpot for them.
Its not just white policemen ffs. Black policemen have been killed too.

And I don't see the point in insulting Michelle like that. The position of First Lady isn't just to have a pretty face. She's the most educated First Lady America has had to date. It doesn't matter if she's 'not pretty' which is a subjective thing anyway.

Electing someone like trump won't reduce racial tensions. I don't feel like he'll do anything to improve the situation for blacks like implementing policies to allieviate poverty in black areas.
People need to get rid of this 'whites are victims' attitude. It's very ironic. People are behaving as if blacks are oppressing them on a large scale in America when in fact the violence hasn't been directed at only whites.

Revenge attacks from disgruntled people should be handled the same way extremist right wing/white supremacist groups are handled first and foremost. I.e getting black people to report anyone they feel is an extremist to prevent further attacks.

Second, the government and blacks in a position power and influence need to work to allieviate poverty in black communities and do something about the single parenthood rate because according to stats blacks in two parent families do far far better than their counterparts in single parent families.

Demonising blacks as filthy criminals won't help.
Acting like whites are poor victims of the evil black man won't help either.

If we go about it the same peaceful and logical way MLK did then this problem will be easily solved.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Your average white American must be looking at these events with complete disdain, crime rates are through the roof in black areas, as is black on white crime, and black protesters are burning towns/cities while black hate groups are targeting white police officers while black criminals are trying to rob them on their way home from work.

LMAO at this ass fodder. OP at least provide proof to back up these nonsensical claims, barring the shooting by that Michah X guy, who in no form or shape represents the average BLM protester.
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't know if it will win him the election, but it will certainly help.

Voters are only going to be turned away from the Democrats by all the BLM violence, and it certainly won't attract any new voters.

Besides, BLM sounds like a type of p0rn. Utterly ridiculous.
Original post by 0to100
What does that have to do with Trump and the other candidates? ...Are there any candidates who do stand for it? It's not rhetorical, I genuinely wanna know.

Trump = clearly against BLM

Hillary = rather ambiguous on BLM. Condemns killings of police officers but quiet on the other violence linked to the movement. Doesn't challenge their "blame whites for everything" agenda. Campaigning with Obama, who openly supports BLM, further shows her sympathies for the movement.

Johnson = can't find much on his stance towards BLM. Doesn't matter anyway since he won't win!

End point: Trump's stance on BLM will likely push moderate voters towards him. Hillary's won't!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending