The Student Room Group

Do most muslims truly save themselves until marriage?

Or are most muslims nowadays having sex before marriage?
I always believed most girls do, but most guys don't, however I hear a lot of gossip about others suggesting otherwise. I'm female and don't consider myself that religious (don't pray 5 times) however I am waiting.
So yeh - what do muslims think on this?

Scroll to see replies

i am not even planning to have sex after marriage :rofl:
Definitely should keep it safe for marriage.
Im gonna stay a virgin till marriage.
Its extremely hard for me. But i wont lose to anyone! Who is undeserving for it!
Original post by Anonymous
I always believed most girls do, but most guys don't, however I hear a lot of gossip about others suggesting otherwise. I'm female and don't consider myself that religious (don't pray 5 times) however I am waiting.

Well some do and some don't. It just depends on how religious you here. Most of the Muslim guys I know had sex. I know some muslim girls had sex before aswell (Including the hijabi ones). I guess it's a "trying to be more western" thing tbh.

sorry but thats not true
Original post by fatima1998
i am not even planning to have sex after marriage :rofl:

:lolwut: how are you going to have kids lol?? :rofl:
Yeah I am. Too innocent to even get into the stage of someone attempting to have sex with me :lol:
Reply 8
Well I know a few guys that have and a few guys that haven't, but have done everything up till Sex. I still plan to tell my wife whatever I did as a youngster, no point starting a marriage off on a lie ygm

It's sensible to keep yourself to yourself until you find commitment but otherwise it just depends on how much you care about these things and what you have access to etc.
It's really dependant on how religious you are. I know quite a few Muslims who have already had sex and they are not married. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Instead of creating another thread to add to the countless threads with the focus on Muslims, why don't you ask if Christians/Jews etc save themselves until marriage or are they just pretending?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Instead of creating another thread to add to the countless threads with the focus on Muslims, why don't you ask if Christians/Jews etc save themselves until marriage or are they just pretend?

Why do you care?

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Instead of creating another thread to add to the countless threads with the focus on Muslims, why don't you ask if Christians/Jews etc save themselves until marriage or are they just pretend?

no all do. my friend is a 'christian' and her son is like 6 or 7 now and shes not married
Original post by qasim-98
Well I know a few guys that have and a few guys that haven't, but have done everything up till Sex. I still plan to tell my wife whatever I did as a youngster, no point starting a marriage off on a lie ygm

You shouldn't dig up the past, who knows what you'll discover.

Imo, what happens in the past stays in the past.
You shouldn't dig up the past, who knows what you'll discover.

Imo, what happens in the past stays in the past.

Imo your husband/wife should have a right to know if they are the first you've been with. It's only decent that they know the person they'll spend the rest of their life with.

Better to leave some things in the past and focus on your future relationship than digging up dirt from the past <--- Imo it only leads to trouble. :smile:
Imo your husband/wife should have a right to know if they are the first you've been with. It's only decent that they know the person they'll spend the rest of their life with.

Better to leave some things in the past and focus on your future relationship than digging up dirt from the past <--- Imo it only leads to trouble. :smile:

Not necessarily. If I am going to marry someone I will ask about their sex life. When you get a boyfriend don't you ask about their sex life and other things they've done in the past? You have every right to ask that and it's not to "bring up trouble" it's knowing what your partner has been involved in and if I am a virgin my personal preference would be to be with someone pure as well - not that, that would actually break the relationship off or anything but if my partner didn't tell me the whole time we were married that he wasn't a virgin I would kind of feel a bit disappointed and slightly betrayed that he didn't tell me this.
(edited 7 years ago)
I know many Muslims, I know for sure at least 60% of them are naughty!
Reply 19
If they are devout then they will. Who gives a shewt

Quick Reply

Latest