The Student Room Group

Special Support Grant: How much will I be backpaid?

Hey guys

I recently applied for special support grant for september however because the doctor's letter i sent didnt have a date after the 1st of september 2016 it applies to this academic year, which would still apply in my case (i had major operation last year and am still healing so therefore incapable of work.)

I was informed by an advisor on the phone that if i applied it to this year via confirmation in writing, i'd be backpaid.
I didnt apply for special support grant this year just gone as i didnt know it existed or that it applied to me.

This is what i get from student finance this year:
Grant: 3387
Loan: 4126

I'm presently wondering how much i'd be backpaid, i can prove with several letters and documents that this has been going on since july and the doctors letter itself even states that this has been going on since last year.
(its actually been more like 7 years)
Because as far as i can see special support grant offers nothing more than the maintenance grant, am i missing something?
(edited 7 years ago)
Your loan isn't reduced if you receive the special support grant.
Reply 2
ohhhh,okay so I get the loan i should've recieved backpaid, so how much would that be? I think i'm on the higher rate of maintenance grant, if that helps.
Depends where you study and what year you started.
Reply 4
started september 2015 and i study outside of london.
Reply 5
anyone? this is kind of important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending