The Student Room Group

Is Business Boring?

Deleted.
(edited 6 years ago)
I am about to go into my final year of uni studying BA Business and I really do enjoy it. Like most subject areas there are bits to it that I do find boring and not interesting, However, the rest of it I do find very interesting and fun. My favourite modules consist of HR, Marketing and Accounting. The job that I am hoping to get after my degree is a teacher after doing my PGCE.
Reply 2
I took BTEC Business Studies (I don't know how this differs from other Business courses, this is at GCSE level which may or may not apply to you- but I'm sure it's similar through out) which was purely coursework apart from 1 finance exam which was done electronically. Learnt about the different types of businesses, financing, starting your own business and applying for jobs. Everything is done with computers which I didn't like, but most students seem to like that. Most of it is pretty easy and you'd think it's common sense, but Finacne and Applying for jobs were two of the most important things I learnt from school as they apply to real life, and totally prepares you for interviews, CVs and balance sheets as well as marketing and accounting. It's a great qualification to have no matter what job you apply for as it helps you understand why customer service is important and what your role in the business is, which employers will recognise. And of course- if you plan to set up your own business (which I have) it's very helpful and I woud reccomend it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending