The Student Room Group

Economics degree with BTEC Business

So I am studying the National Extended Diploma and I am currently in year 13 applying for university courses. I am predicted D*D*D and also study core maths alongside it.

I have been studying Business since GCSE and have gotten bored of it. I want to do economics as there is a lot more prospects compared to a Business Management degree and is much more favoured by employers.

I know that an economics degree is really hard however I believe I can do well.

My question is that can I get in to an economics course at Uni of Nottingham with my BTEC? I have emailed them and they said that I could however there is only 250 spaces in the course and I am scared A-Levels students will be picked over me, although they said I won’t be at a disadvantage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
hii im in year 12 what did you end up doing?
Reply 2
Original post by estella135
hii im in year 12 what did you end up doing?

Ended up studying a computer science course and whilst the maths content is quite hard I’m coping well and loving the degree. Wish you the best of luck!
Original post by S1M001
Ended up studying a computer science course and whilst the maths content is quite hard I’m coping well and loving the degree. Wish you the best of luck!

congratss yh CS is hard but it will be worth it once u get a decent paying job u enjoy. thank u!!
Reply 4
Hi I just completed my business btec level two and I am moving to level three but I would like to study economics as a degree in the uni,and I alternatively applied for economics first as a college course in Wakefield and my application is still being processed and my second choice is Leeds College for a level three business.
I just want to be on a safer side,should I choose economics a level course now at Wakefield or Business btec level three at Leeds College.Advice please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending