The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Part time degree

I am opting for a part time law degree but it could take me 5 years to complete. Does university go by quickly and do you think id enjoy having more free to time to do other things besides from law?
It really depends on you and how you manage or use your time. A part time degree gives you the flexibility to work or study other things.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
ok, i dont think ill be working during my degree, but i guess ill have more time to do extra curricular activities. Initially i was on the full time law degree but i found the pace too fast. Do they go at a slower pace part time?
If you're struggling with pace then you may want to think about getting additional help and/or working harder. I wouldn't say they go slower but you have more time to do stuff in and time between teaching to digest it all so may find it easier.
Original post by alleycat393
If you're struggling with pace then you may want to think about getting additional help and/or working harder. I wouldn't say they go slower but you have more time to do stuff in and time between teaching to digest it all so may find it easier.

Yes i found with me in my first year i didnt ever look at my lecture notes after i had attended a lecture and I found seminars and tutorials hard to keep up with. Hopefully doing the work part time ill have more time to absorb information and hopefully get 2:1's which I wasnt getting in first year. I'm just debating whether its the right option for me with the studying for longer will i get bored.
Reply 5
When studying part time you you will be expected to work to the same standards but do less modules in one go, so you will have the same deadlines, but less of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending