The Student Room Group

What do you think of feminists?

Scroll to see replies

lol
Reply 2
Why should I spend thoughts on those who cannot think...

Jk, saying you are a feminist tells me little about your character; you could be very agreeable or very disagreeable or anywhere in between..
Reply 3
They're like Muslims for genders.
Reply 4
I'm good friends with many feminists. Guess that makes me a cucky chucky.

Original post by upperechelon
lol

no
I dislike some like some like any group of people.
Original post by RobML
I'm good friends with many feminists. Guess that makes me a cucky chucky

yeah it does tbh
Reply 7
yeah it does tbh

u want dis cucky chucky
The normal ones I'm fine with. The feminazis are just insufferable though.
Original post by RobML
u want dis cucky chucky

nah fam
Reply 10
nah fam

Would you if I changed my ways and donned a fedora?
Reply 11
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The normal ones I'm fine with. The feminazis are just insufferable though.

Good feminist = social pressures regarding gender are unnecessarily harmful to both men and women, and all share responsiblity
Feminazi = social pressures regarding gender only harm women, and men are to blame for it
?
Original post by RobML
Would you if I changed my ways and donned a fedora?

still no sorry x i love the patriarchy
(edited 7 years ago)
Some are good some are bad
I think the ones that take the definition of Feminism as equality amongst genders, which would include myself, are doing a great thing and are standing up for and carrying on the legacy of the many women (and men if there were any) that sacrificed their lives for us to let us be in the position we are today (eg women can go to school, can vote, can do any work that men can, emotional barriers for men are starting to be tackled etc).
However feminists that think feminism is about women hating men etc, are wrong, and whilst entitled to their opinion, give a bad name for the other feminists.
13537613_10209884046993327_6262515556393852068_n.jpg
Reply 16
Original post by HazMusicPanda
I think the ones that take the definition of Feminism as equality amongst genders, which would include myself, are doing a great thing and are standing up for and carrying on the legacy of the many women (and men if there were any) that sacrificed their lives for us to let us be in the position we are today (eg women can go to school, can vote, can do any work that men can, emotional barriers for men are starting to be tackled etc).
However feminists that think feminism is about women hating men etc, are wrong, and whilst entitled to their opinion, give a bad name for the other feminists.

I mean, I know you're talking about specific gender equality related freedoms, but it's worth noting that millions upon millions of men have died for our freedom. Very few women died for any freedoms, (of course, excepting stuff like civilian casualties in wars, which obviously affects men, women and children) especially when speaking relatively, even in movements like the suffragettes...

Also this notion that men have always held the vote over women and that the big injustice has been that women can't vote is a bit strange to me (well, obviously this injustice exists in countries today, but sadly mainstream feminism hardly focuses on them). Historically in the UK the vast majority of men were also unable to vote for a very long time. It was primarily men who campaigned throughout the 19th century, many of them dying doing so, to increase the franchise. They got some concession in 1832, and yet more in 1867, but even in 1867, only 2/7 (2,000,000 out of 7,000,000) men could vote. Finally, in 1884, a majority of males were voting (60%). As most know 1918 gave the vote to women, so historically speaking that is a pretty small space of time in which most males weren't also disenfranchised while women were.

Sorry to go on a large rant addressing a very small part of your post but it is just a particular issue I have with certain feminist rhetoric.
[video]https://youtu.be/m8eVe0Skigo?t=1m17s[/video]
If the time stamp thing doesn't work, go to 1:17.
Original post by Shipreck
[video]https://youtu.be/m8eVe0Skigo?t=1m17s[/video]
If the time stamp thing doesn't work, go to 1:17.

gotta love milo
Reply 19
gotta love milo

*gotta love obnoxious manchildren

Quick Reply