The Student Room Group

I am thinking about going clubbing again, AMA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
The fact that i am 35 much older isn't the problem. What is a problem is that by sitting on the couch for the last month, i seem to have gotten really out of shape, and could use a week or three's training in the gym, to pump up, before i grace that pretty place again, okay?!?

mate went out yesterday, seriously everyone was mid 30s....... go for it. You'll love it!
Correct. Give that man a cookie....

see above

no but i did say i was considering renting one.....

i don't actually intend on getting off with anyone, but like everyone else has been saying, i'll be lucky if they let me in, let alone get lucky! Thanks for caring though?!?

Haha np, screw it though, you'll never know if you can get in if you don't try :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Like a G6...

Spoiler

Reply 23
Original post by Bill_Gates
mate went out yesterday, seriously everyone was mid 30s....... go for it. You'll love it!

Thanks i don't know what i was thinking click baiting here on tsr, just to get my head ripped off yet again, by some young undergraduates?

Original post by Jazzy97
Haha np, screw it though, you'll never know if you can get in if you don't try :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i already mentioned, but i have now been out about four times, in the past year or so. And you are right, i do love it!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Thanks i don't know what i was thinking click baiting here on tsr, just to get my head ripped off yet again, by some young undergraduates?

**** the haters man, it does not make you a 'perv' or a 'creep' for going clubbing. You just want to have a bit of fun, nothing wrong with that, it's not like you're trying to hook up with girls there, you're married :u:
Original post by Justmoll28
mate if i saw you on a night out, no matter how many jagers id have necked, i would still be weirded out by you - youre way too old to go clubbing with 18-21 year olds, expect to get chucked out once the girls tell the bouncers how you keep stalking them:smile:

Should we even allow the DJs in? Cos the majority of the really good ones are well over 40 now.

Honestly most white under 21 y/o girls know jack **** about dance music. They only go for the group photo and free drinks. The most clued up dancers are basically black veterans and football hooligans
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by PureBloodBruv
Honestly most white under 21 y/o girls know jack **** about dance music. They only go for the group and free drinks. The most clued up dancers are basically black veterans and football hooligans

Prreeaach it m8
Original post by PureBloodBruv
Should we even allow the DJs in? Cos the majority of the really good ones are well over 40 now.

not where im from..? theyre usually 25 max
Original post by Justmoll28
not where im from..? theyre usually 25 max

lol mids 30s!
Reply 30
Just save your cash and go on an over 50's cruise in a couple of years.
Nice one, OP!

It's your movie; live it! **** the haters.
Reply 32
Thanks everyone, the most important thing is that i join a gym and lift some weights before hand, so that i can take these people in my stride, okay?

Spoiler

Thanks everyone, the most important thing is that i join a gym and lift some weights before hand, so that i can take these people in my stride, okay?

Spoiler

Give Vegas a go if you can. Mid 35 is the PRIME time to go. I went when i was 22 everyone was miles older but best club scene in the world, hands down.
I am pretty sure if you go to London, there are lots of places where there are 30-40 year old city people who go clubbing.
Reply 35
Give Vegas a go if you can. Mid 35 is the PRIME time to go. I went when i was 22 everyone was miles older but best club scene in the world, hands down.

I may have trouble getting a visa given my medical and criminal history. But even if we can go, how much would you say a ticket for three two adults one child, for a week or two, in a 3/4 star hotel in las vegas would cost roughly?

plus what are the door fees and drinks prices like, and could you go to vegas without gambling at all?

I am actually happy with my derby circuit at the moment, although i might want to got further afield ergo notts sheffiel, birmingham mancs and london, if i get the right chances. I think Derby is a good kick off point though because the club i have been going to, is nice and expensive, plus they have a strict dress code so you only really get rich working class people in there, if you get my drift?

They let me in though, because i gave the doorman a wedgie

Spoiler

I may have trouble getting a visa given my medical and criminal history. But even if we can go, how much would you say a ticket for three two adults one child, for a week or two, in a 3/4 star hotel in las vegas would cost roughly?

plus what are the door fees and drinks prices like, and could you go to vegas without gambling at all?

I am actually happy with my derby circuit at the moment, although i might want to got further afield ergo notts sheffiel, birmingham mancs and london, if i get the right chances. I think Derby is a good kick off point though because the club i have been going to, is nice and expensive, plus they have a strict dress code so you only really get rich working class people in there, if you get my drift?

They let me in though, because i gave the doorman a wedgie

Spoiler

are you married mate? probably wouldnt recommended vegas with a child as well lol.

Check out the other circuits, Derby is quite small. Most people come to Birmingham for a cheap night out, it's best in terms of crowd and value.
Reply 37
are you married mate? probably wouldnt recommended vegas with a child as well lol.

Check out the other circuits, Derby is quite small. Most people come to Birmingham for a cheap night out, it's best in terms of crowd and value.

I will pm you the name of the nice club i have been going to (cos i don't want to be banned).

jr
Reply 38

it's on the wardwick in Deby city centre, and they always have a good dj playing neat music, with a mix of the new stuff and good stuff. plus despite being a little hostile on first appearances, I have never been kicked out for looking at women in there. ffs. This isn't a playgroup you know?!?? lol
Which clubs and what sorta music do they play? I go to trance clubs and the average age there is 30-40.

Quick Reply

Latest