The Student Room Group

Girls, how much do you spend on a handbag?

I have my eyes on a new arrivals handbag from Fiorelli, which costs £52 after discount. It's very stylish and compact - but at that price, I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. So, I'm wondering, how much money do you spend on a handbag?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
like £20-£40 but i did spend £50 on a cath kidson rucksack which I've never even used cause its bright red and flowery and doesn't really go with anything lmao
Not a female, and I didn't buy a handbag but I did buy a £500 backpack for school - I got it for a little less but that's the selling price. it's the most I'll probably ever spend on a bag.

Also this thread would probably be better suited to the Fashion and beauty forum.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=151
Original post by honour
I have my eyes on a new arrivals handbag from Fiorelli, which costs £52 after discount. It's very stylish and compact - but at that price, I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. So, I'm wondering, how much money do you spend on a handbag?

I think my most expensive handbag was £350 and I don't even think that's a lot. If you buy a decent quality handbag it'll last forever, it's worth the money imo.
If it was designer the most I'd spend would be 100-200 pounds. I would never go over 200. I don't feel as if designer bags are worth it as really you're just paying for a name. I'd rather buy good quality leather bags that are at a reasonable price and are going to last be a long time rather than a designer one that I'll be afraid to get a scuff on.
Reply 5
£52 for a bag seems reasonable to me. The most I've spent is £80, but I would definitely spend much more if I could.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
If it was designer the most I'd spend would be 100-200 pounds. I would never go over 200. I don't feel as if designer bags are worth it as really you're just paying for a name. I'd rather buy good quality leather bags that are at a reasonable price and are going to last be a long time rather than a designer one that I'll be afraid to get a scuff on.

Designer bags really are high quality finishing though. And they retain their value if you ever want to re-sell them. Some (Chanel, LV, Hermes) even appreciate in value so it's a solid investment.
Goals
Reply 8
I'd go for 40 quid tops, but it's gotta be something amazing, like a laptop backpack with extra padding and comfortable straps.

For shoulder bags and purses I never splurge as my tastes changes quickly. So I get them from Primark or H&M for <20 quid.
Most expensive was an LV which was £600 totally worth it. But i wont ever spend that much on a bag ever again :colonhash:
Reply 10
most i've ever spend was £150 but I rarely used it and so I felt pretty bad. so now I just stick to buying cheap bags
Reply 11
£500 for LV? didn't know you could get LV bags that cheap
£10 max from Primark. I'm not too bothered about handbags :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a male these prices being mentioned so casually make me frightened and afraid.
Most ive spent is £35 so far
Reply 15
Maximum of thirty
Reply 16
Nothing cuz I'm a freeloader :biggrin:
Original post by honour

I'd probably spend £40 max because I don't care about designer names and I think they're a total waste of money
Original post by 34908seikj
Not a female, and I didn't buy a handbag but I did buy a £500 backpack for school - I got it for a little less but that's the selling price. it's the most I'll probably ever spend on a bag.

Not that I own any bags worth more than about £25, but if I did I'd never risk taking one to school! My school bag always ends up dirty and roughed up.
Original post by Platopus
Not that I own any bags worth more than about £25, but if I did I'd never risk taking one to school! My school bag always ends up dirty and roughed up.

Eh I guess. I've never really looked at it that way, ultimately it's just a bag.

Quick Reply

Latest