The Student Room Group

Roommate might have a crush on me?

Hi I recently moved into my 2nd year accommodation for uni, with a new girl living with us. Over the past month and a half we have been pretty close, she’ll essentially text me all day, often asks just me to do stuff with her rather than all of us. Whilst I’ve been away she’s also been going on call with me for about 2 hours. She’ll regularly say that she how much she likes spending time with me and things like this?

Understandably I could be grasping at straws here. She might just be extremely friendly. I sort of have feelings for her? Although I think it’s sort of come from just how much time we’ve spent together. How would I even go about asking her is she does? Not even entirely if we act on them due to the living situation
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I recently moved into my 2nd year accommodation for uni, with a new girl living with us. Over the past month and a half we have been pretty close, she’ll essentially text me all day, often asks just me to do stuff with her rather than all of us. Whilst I’ve been away she’s also been going on call with me for about 2 hours. She’ll regularly say that she how much she likes spending time with me and things like this?

Understandably I could be grasping at straws here. She might just be extremely friendly. I sort of have feelings for her? Although I think it’s sort of come from just how much time we’ve spent together. How would I even go about asking her is she does? Not even entirely if we act on them due to the living situation

You don't ask. Just go with it, you clearly both like each other. Otherwise you wouldn't be spending so much time together. If it works out and turns into something then good. If it doesn't work out and turn in to something then still good. The hesitant you become or start questioning then the more likely it will push her away. If she is unsure about it she will ask you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

It's understandable to feel confused about your roommate's intentions, especially since you've developed a close friendship. While her gestures and words indicate a strong interest in your company, it's important to tread carefully and assess her feelings before making any assumptions.
from my pov she likes you. make small moves, however dont be overly touchy as thats just weird. then you can continue to build up and build up. remember to still respect her and her boundaries.
Reply 4
Just an update for those who are interested, we started talking and doing stuff together a lot more. while talking, she made it sound like she isn't looking for relationship at all right now. Probably for the best honestly, kind of want to focus on my own personal stuff for the time being, i think a lot of this came from us just being around each other as much as we have been. I have kind of realized that i definitely wasn't interested in anything long term, I have started spending a lot more of time outside the apartment, catching up with people who i haven't seen in awhile, to give us both some space.

Thanks for the help regardless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending