The Student Room Group

Do I need an A* in Maths at GCSE to do economics at LSE?

I am a GCSE student who is predicted 8 A* and 4 A grades for GCSE. Unfortunately, I do not think I got l got the A* I wanted in Maths. I am dreaming of doing Economics at LSE. Do I need an A* at GCSE in Maths to do Economics at LSE, despite getting maybe 8 or so A* in other subjects? Of course, A Levels still have a bigger role to play but I really want to hit the ground running!
No you don't need an A*, your GCSE grades are pretty negligible in terms of applying for university. Unless it's Oxford then IIRC they look at how many A* you have (Cambridge doesn't) but even then they're still not that important.
Reply 2
I think LSE want at least an A in GCSE maths for mathsy degrees and for economic I think it was like 5A-A* or something but check it if you want

Search the course you want to study followed by "lse entry requirements" on Google

There's also maths with economics degree which requires A* A A and A in gcse maths but the others are usually A A A at a-level but anyway search what I told you and you will have a definite answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending