The Student Room Group

Trump or Hillary

What are your thoughts guys?Our choice may be the difference between life and death globally.

Scroll to see replies

To be honest, mine is very simple... Hillary :smile:
Ultimately Hillary. Sure it's letting the old-time establishment crook win, but it's better than the full-blown rightwing psycho who's campaign seems to be built entirely on anger.
Reply 3
Jill Stein
Donald Trump.

Just because Donald is bombastic, and although that is a part of his person I find distasteful, his unique blend of economic nationalism and social libertarianism is welcome change from the old clichéd narrative of afore presidential candidates.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Richie S
What are your thoughts guys?Our choice may be the difference between life and death globally.

Hillary. She's the lesser between two evils
This implies there's a choice. There isn't (or, at least, not a rational one). Hillary of course. Jill Stein would be rockin' but seems unlikely.
Trump, but honestly I support Gary Johnson. Anything but Hillary, even Jill Stein.
I'm about as vociferous of an anti-Clintonite as you'll find, but still Hillary.

She's bland, uninspiring, and about as crooked as a tree branch suffering from cerebral palsy. Nonetheless the prospect of such an unintelligent and unaware president on political matters as Donald Trump is frightening.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ugh the worst decision one has to ever make
Reply 11
haha this is like asking which STI you would like?:biggrin:
As flawed as Hillary is, she and her policies are leaps and bounds above Trump.

Lesser of two evils rationale for me.

I'm not against Trump because he's running as a republican. I'm against him because he's repeatedly shown a callous disregard for facts in general, has no foreign policy experience, and a general lack of human decency.

He runs on a platform of being a successful businessman and running the country like a business, but as Bloomberg said 'god help us' if that's the way it's going to be.
Hillary. I don't particularly like her but anyone looks good next to the modern day Hitler we have in Trump. Following Obama with Trump would be like taking one step forward then five steps back..
As much as I dislike both, I would vote Trump over Hillary.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Trump, but honestly I support Gary Johnson. Anything but Hillary, even Jill Stein.

this^ (as I'm a libertarian)
but I guess I may have a more optimistic approach to trump
in my opinion, trump is practically a third party candidate - he's not a republican - he's simply hijacked the party for himself, and the people are behind him. he's actually made one of the republican nominees run as a "third party" and they apparently are getting republican-level donations now.
trump's foreign policy (which is the policy area basically built for presidents) actually makes sense too. and he was always against iraq whereas hillary used to be a vocal advocate of it. also, trump is in favour of LGBT rights, in case anybody here is going to assume he's a chauvinist or something

but in any other election, I'd be voting libertarian if I were a US citizen
and if people think I'm disenfranchising myself from the democratic system for voting for a candidate that will never win, how am I enfranchised for not voting for one or merely two parties?!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Raizelcadres
Hillary. She's the lesser between two evils

why do you think that?
I would vote Hillary, even though I don't like her but she is clearly the much lesser of two evils. Sam Harris puts it really elegantly here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

I really strongly recommend those who are on the fence or are supporters of Trump to watch this. He completely takes Trump and his supporters apart.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Fango_Jett
As flawed as Hillary is, she and her policies are leaps and bounds above Trump.

Lesser of two evils rationale for me.

I'm not against Trump because he's running as a republican. I'm against him because he's repeatedly shown a callous disregard for facts in general, has no foreign policy experience, and a general lack of human decency.

He runs on a platform of being a successful businessman and running the country like a business, but as Bloomberg said 'god help us' if that's the way it's going to be.

Just having foreign policy experience isn't necessarily a good thing look at her track record when it comes to foreign policy, Libya is now a failed state because of her foreign policy.
Reply 19
Original post by sleepysnooze
also, trump is in favour of LGBT rights, in case anybody here is going to assume he's a chauvinist or something

Funny thing is that Clinton isn't, not really. She is in favour of her own popularity.

Hillary Clinton in 2004, when majority opinion was against gay marriage: "Marriage is...a sacred bond between a man and a woman"
and "No" in response to "Do you think New York State should recognise gay marriage?"
As for Hillary Clinton now, when majority opinion is for gay marriage, well, we all know her official "stance", as if any position she holds has any integrity at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending