The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Astudentinneed
in case i failed my A2s?

like looking into another school for an extra year and so on?

Obviously, you cannot know for certain whether you have failed your A2s or not until results day. But if you really think you have then it would be a good idea to plan ahead and have a look at some other schools for next year. I take it your current school/college does not let anyone stop on for another year? That is a pity because if you want to resit the subjects you did this year, you will need to find another school that offers those subjects and ideally with the same exam board. If not, then your credits will have to be transferred: http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/238/16.Transfer%20of%20credit%20document%202006.pdf. Your new school should sort this out for you :smile: .

If you intend on taking a completely new set of subjects, the above does not apply to you.
brown
Obviously, you cannot know for certain whether you have failed your A2s or not until results day. But if you really think you have then it would be a good idea to plan ahead and have a look at some other schools for next year. I take it your current school/college does not let anyone stop on for another year? That is a pity because if you want to resit the subjects you did this year, you will need to find another school that offers those subjects and ideally with the same exam board. If not, then your credits will have to be transferred: http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/238/16.Transfer%20of%20credit%20document%202006.pdf. Your new school should sort this out for you :smile: .

If you intend on taking a completely new set of subjects, the above does not apply to you.

i intend on taking further maths, a full A level for a year, but i dont want to be in in the school anymore, and i heard it's 6 days a week

plus i been in the school for 7 years now, (the secondary and sixth form is linked), when my year is over, i feel my life in the school is over

and i dont want to think of taking the entire year again, that will be depressing indeed
Reply 3
It's not far too early to make a contingency plan, but it's far, far too depressing.
Reply 4
Astudentinneed
i intend on taking further maths, a full A level for a year, but i dont want to be in in the school anymore, and i heard it's 6 days a week

plus i been in the school for 7 years now, (the secondary and sixth form is linked), when my year is over, i feel my life in the school is over

and i dont want to think of taking the entire year again, that will be depressing indeed

That's fine then. You just need to find another school that offers it. It's never too early to start planning ahead but try to think positive if you can. You might have passed your A2s and done much better than you think... it's not over until the fat lady sings!
Reply 5
I've personally started looking into a career in case I find out my A2 results aren't worthwhile to take me onto uni. I've registered my details with the RAF and have looked into joining and have booked a place on a presentation at the end of the month to broaden my horizons.
i started thinking of alternatives before i even sat my exams lol. im so pessimistic that im convinced im gonna fail, even though i never do lol. i was the same with my GCSE's and my AS Level's.
Reply 7
I've got an alternative plan, sort of. I can't really imagine myself doing it at the moment, because I really want to do medicine next year. Or this year... Whatever September 2007 is considered to be. I'd rather think about it now, because if I do fail, I won't have much patience with researching courses in clearing and looking into different gap year possibilities then!
Reply 8
It does no harm to have an alternative plan. It might even help because then you'll know that you will have something to do if it does go wrong. This will avoid a situation where you are running into things without thinking. You could have a number of plans - and remember that none of these are certain and will become insignificant if you get the required grases. Remember to be positive as well though! I have considered doing voluntary work for a gap year, getting a full time job for a year to support myself financially or resitting my A-levels or taking diffierent qualifications, so there are always other options.

Good luck
It's not too early really. There's still a month until results day and most colleges will take you on then or even in September as long as they still have places, but it's always good to be prepared and it might make you less worried about results if you have a back up plan. Results day wouldn't be the best time to make a decision because you'd be upset and therefore not really thinking straight, whereas now you can consider all your options carefully with a clear head. If you don't want to resit the year, you could consider taking further maths and any resits you want to do as a private candidate and teaching yourself at home. If you want to go to college, it would be a good idea to start making lists now of all those in your area that offer what you want and their contact details so you can get in touch with them after results day if necessary.
Ill take a gap year get a job travel a bit..resitting the modules teaching myself .. theres no WAY im going back to my school lol!! hahaa :smile: I told my french teacher .. ill be back in september:smile: ahhhaha oooh 900th post:biggrin:
Reply 11
It is far better to have calculated alternatives beforehand, to know exactly how you will repond in each outcome, than to panic when you meet a wall and sidestep into something you don't want.

Saying that, I hope results day brings you the good news you need to continue as you had wished to do so.

Latest