The Student Room Group

Not getting an Apprenticeship

I have planned to get an apprenticeship in Charatered Managing as this is what I have wanted to do for the past 4 years. It has all been going well and I have applied for 5 total so far but recently I have been thinking, what if nobody accepts me. Everyone around me including my head of sixth form tells me that I should be able to get one due to me going to a grammar school. I don't have a plan B and I don't know what I would do if I didn't get an apprenticeship as its what I have planned to do.

Any advice on how to cope with this and other alternatives for an apprenticeship as I will be unable to get to uni as the application deadline will have passed.
Ir's always good to have a plan B whatever you're doing, and to be prepared for plans C and D to come into play too! Could plan B be a gap year where you gain experience and explore your options?
Reply 2
I would apply for university now as well as the apprenticeships. You will have until September to accept or decline any university offer. By which time hopefully you will have secured an apprenticeship. If not it's a decent plan B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending