The Student Room Group

There is no evidence for God

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drummond
Building 7 dropped contrary to the laws of physics on 9/11. So did World trade centers 1 & 2. Does that mean the laws of physics no longer stand? Or does it mean there must be another reason for them dropping?

I would urge you to look into the construction of the buildings keeping in mind that the steel used in the supporting "hooks" that held the floors began to distort at 800 degrees. Also, what for me is evidence against a conspiracy is that there is not one piece of physical evidence that supports one. The absolute clencher of an argument is the number of people involved in ANY of the theories. Spouses WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD. Offspring would know about it. Conspirators would have told siblings. HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF IT, yet nobody has ever said a word despite the riches they would receive. Going on 20 yrs. and no deathbed confessions even with thousands killed? This alone makes a conspiracy very unlikely.

The debris field from the towers deposited tons of debris on building 7. Are you aware that many smaller buildings in the debris field had to be razed for fear of collapse. Recall on television the amount of dust everywhere. It looked to be ashes but it wasn't ash it was concrete dust which is very heavy. a very small volume of it would constitute a ton easily.
Original post by yankeedog1953
I would urge you to look into the construction of the buildings keeping in mind that the steel used in the supporting "hooks" that held the floors began to distort at 800 degrees. Also, what for me is evidence against a conspiracy is that there is not one piece of physical evidence that supports one. The absolute clencher of an argument is the number of people involved in ANY of the theories. Spouses WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD. Offspring would know about it. Conspirators would have told siblings. HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF IT, yet nobody has ever said a word despite the riches they would receive. Going on 20 yrs. and no deathbed confessions even with thousands killed? This alone makes a conspiracy very unlikely.

The debris field from the towers deposited tons of debris on building 7. Are you aware that many smaller buildings in the debris field had to be razed for fear of collapse. Recall on television the amount of dust everywhere. It looked to be ashes but it wasn't ash it was concrete dust which is very heavy. a very small volume of it would constitute a ton easily.

Copy and paste this in reply to post 366 in this thread please and we'll deal with it there.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4825662&page=19
Original post by Drummond
Funny that isn't it?

What is funny is that you have made a claim that the laws of physics were broken and have failed to provide any kind of evidence or explanation for this outlandish claim. You have clearly been reading too many conspiracy theories and you have no real understanding yourself. This alone tells us a great deal, and your claim that you know that a god exists can be treated with the contempt it deserves.
In case on the Day of Judgement you get sentenced to Hell and Angels aren't supposed to go to Hell :P
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
What is funny is that you have made a claim that the laws of physics were broken and have failed to provide any kind of evidence or explanation for this outlandish claim. You have clearly been reading too many conspiracy theories and you have no real understanding yourself. This alone tells us a great deal, and your claim that you know that a god exists can be treated with the contempt it deserves.

I've just blown your laws of physics out of the window and ran down the stairs and stamped on them until they are no more. But i wont take the glory for that, the glory goes solely to God who allowed me to blow them out of the window and stamp them until they are no more. Thank you Father :biggrin:!!! Blessed be our mighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the living God, who created everything and who is coming to destroy all who deceive and who raise themselves up in their own deceit. Triffic news. Tick tock.
Original post by munkysox
By that logic you might as well believe unicorns and magic elves exist

God bless you 😊
Original post by munkysox
By that logic you might as well believe unicorns and magic elves exist

They do in heaven :wink:
Original post by germaineconroy
I wouldn't say I'm a theist or an atheist, perhaps an agnostic, but I feel like there's a lot more too it than whether there is evidence or not. I prefer, even though he was a Catholic theologian, to consider Aquinas' criticisms of many rationalist arguments which said that it is impossible to know whether or not a God exists because we have only ever experienced anything inside our universe and if he does exist and has all the properties we would consider of a God (e.g. transcendence) then he exists outside our universe and that means it becomes something we can't really every understand.

You can choose to take this in either direction, be it that if we can't understand it then he probably doesn't exist or it's just not worth trying to understand or you can use it as a reason to believe there is something more but, lest to say, to many people, belief in a God or multiple gods is something more than just experience or empirical evidence.

I'm not sure you got Aquinas right there. Aquinas thought you could give strong arguments for the existence of God but that our knowledge of the essence of God is foggy (hence his insistence on analogical language).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onde
Saying that god can act contrary to the laws of physics would be oxymoronic.

Depends on your account of the laws of physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onde
The laws of physics define the limits of nature.

Again, depends on your account of what a law of physics is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermonkey92
I'm not sure you got Aquinas right there. Aquinas thought you could give strong arguments for the existence of God but that our knowledge of the essence of God is foggy (hence his insistence on analogical language).

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay :smile:
Original post by davidguettafan
So why do people still believe in God?

Posted from TSR Mobile

witchcraft, black magic, demon, devil, halloween, mermaid, fairies, to say all those demoniac things exist right but what is not true is that they are fulling people to make you think they are nice, kind, polite, and that GOD does not exist and them they are superheroes etc. all does junk cartoons, stories, feast, and game but you do trust in it , so if the bad side exist it means there is a good one somewhere. Luke 10:18
Jesus said to them, I saw Satan falling from heaven like lightning. 2 Peter 1:19 We are all the more certain of the prophetic word, which you do well to pay attention, as a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day comes and that the morning star rises in your hearts; Revelation 2:28 And I will give him the morning star. Revelation 8:10The third angel sounded the trumpet. And there fell from heaven a great star burning like a torch, and it fell on one-third of the rivers and the springs of the waters.

THE ANTECEDENTS OF GENESIS.
At first glance, the opening words of the Bible seem to presume the existence of God. Genesis, however, was written at one point in history. Moses wrote, "In the beginning, God" after the exodus from Israel to Egypt. He wrote it after miraculous events, which are said to have witnessed millions of Jews and Egyptians, occurred. From the Exodus to the coming of the Messiah, the God of the Bible relies on events that people have witnessed in real time and in real places. Anyone who doubts Biblical statements has only to visit the real places and meet people there to verify the evidence by themselves.

THE NATION OF ISRAEL.
Israel is often used as an example to oppose God. Many people find it difficult to believe in a God who would be biased in favor of an "elect people". Others find it even harder to believe in a God who would not protect his "chosen nation" from the box cars, gas chambers, and furnaces of Auschwits and Dachau. Yet since the beginning of Old Testament history, the future of Israel has been predicted in writing. In conjunction with other prophets, Moses predicted not only Israel's entry into the land, but also its unparalleled suffering and dispersion throughout the earth, its eventual repentance, and its completion at the end of time ( Deuteronomy 28 34, Isaiah 2.1 5, Ezekiel 37.38).

THE DECLARATIONS OF CHRIST.
Many people who doubt the existence of God are reassured by maintaining the following thought: "If God wanted us to believe in Him, He would appear to us. According to the Bible, this is exactly what God did. In the 7th century BC JC, the prophet Isaiah said that God would give a sign to his people. A virgin would give birth to a son who would be called "God among us" (Isaiah 7.14, Matthew 1:23). Isaiah said that this Son would be called "Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9.5). The prophet also said that this child would die to atone for the sins of his people before seeing his life extended and being honored by God (Isaiah 53). According to the New Testament, Jesus declared to be this Messiah. Under the reign of a Roman governor named Pontius Pilate,

PROOF OF MIRACLES.
The testimonies of the first disciples of Jesus all indicate that he did more than simply declare to be the long-awaited Messiah. These witnesses said he had gained their trust by healing paralytics, walking on the water and voluntarily suffering a painful and unjust death before resurrecting from the dead (1 Corinthians 15: 8). The most convincing was their statement that many witnesses saw Christ and he spoke after finding his sepulcher empty and before seeing it rise to heaven before their eyes. These witnesses had nothing to gain by declaring such a thing. In no way could they hope to obtain material goods or power. Many of them became martyrs,

THE DETAILS OF NATURE.
There are people who believe in God but do not take his life seriously. They tell themselves that a God big enough to create the universe would be too big to care about us. Jesus, however, confirmed what the design and details of the natural world suggest. He demonstrated that God is big enough to care about the smallest details of our life. He spoke of the one who knows not only each of our movements but also the motives and thoughts of our heart. Jesus taught that God knows the number of hair on our head, our least concern and even the state of a bird fallen to the ground (Psalm 139, Matthew 6).

THE VOICE OF EXPERIENCE.
The Bible says that God created the circumstances of our life in such a way that they urge us to seek Him (Acts 17:26). To those who seek it sincerely, Scripture says that it is close enough to them to find it (verse 27). According to the Apostle Paul, God is a Spirit in whom "we have life, movement, and being" (v.28). The Bible is equally clear, however, that we must strive to find God in his own way, not ours. He promises to be found, not by anyone, but by those who recognize the need they have of him and who are willing to put their trust in him rather than in themselves.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY if you are willing to recognize the existence of God, but you doubted to accept Jesus' statement that he is "God made the man." The teacher of Nazareth promised to give divine help to those who wish to do the will of God. He said, "If anyone wants to do his [ God's ] will, he will know whether my doctrine is from God, or whether I speak on my own" (John 7:17).
If you discern the evidence of what God revealed to us through his Son, remember that the Bible says that Christ died to pay the price of our sins and that all who believe in Him will receive the gifts forgiveness and eternal life. The salvation that Christ offers is not a reward for the efforts made, but a gift to all who, in the light of the evidence, put their faith in him (John 5.24, Romans 4.5, Ephesians 2.8.
so i answer your question but read more in the BİBLE
Original post by kenza lindsay
Anyone who doubts Biblical statements has only to visit the real places and meet people there to verify the evidence by themselves.

Unfortunately, when historians and archaeologists do that they find that many Biblical stories had been stolen, and events described that happened in one place and time as if they had happened elsewhere and at a different time completely, or in some case never happened at all. You should read 'The Greatest Lie Ever Told' (or at least the first part of it) by W H Uffington.
God is not verifiable or falsifiable according to our limited human knowledge. What would be the point of faith if you already knew that answer to whether there is or isn't a God? Atheists will always say that there isn't a God whereas someone of faith will always say there is. Nothing can be considered to be a brute fact; especially when there is no verified evidence against the existence of God. However scientists in this century are now beginning to question whether the big bang did actually happen in the way that they thought...mull over that idea that all of your perceptions about how the world was formed are wrong
Original post by Holly6Humphries
God is not verifiable or falsifiable according to our limited human knowledge. What would be the point of faith if you already knew that answer to whether there is or isn't a God? Atheists will always say that there isn't a God whereas someone of faith will always say there is. Nothing can be considered to be a brute fact; especially when there is no verified evidence against the existence of God. However scientists in this century are now beginning to question whether the big bang did actually happen in the way that they thought...mull over that idea that all of your perceptions about how the world was formed are wrong

But why does there need to be a point to faith? That’s just question begging really, it’s like asking “if colours didn’t exist then what would the point of vision be?”

People having faith doesn’t prove God exists, just as having vision doesn’t make colours appear. And why is faith, which is blind faith in something for which there is no evidence, supposed to be a virtue in the first place? Seems a bit odd for a deity to prize that over rationality when it was supposedly him who gave us the intellectual capacity to critically analyse evidence in the first place, don’t you think?

As far as I know they’re not. The leading theory is still that all matter, energy, space and time were compressed into an infinitely dense singularity which later expanded. And any alternative theories or hypotheses certainly have nothing to do with God.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending