The Student Room Group

Does bridging work make a huge difference?

I've just done my GCSEs and I've received some Head Start revision guides for a couple of my A level subjects and a booklet of questions to do for another subject during the summer.
However, I have just been relaxing all the time as I really can't be bothered to work after finishing my GCSEs and am now feeling the guilt!
If I start working hard and revising when I start lessons at Sixth Form, will it make a huge difference if I don't already know much (and perhaps most people already do)?
Original post by pixiefuller
I've just done my GCSEs and I've received some Head Start revision guides for a couple of my A level subjects and a booklet of questions to do for another subject during the summer.
However, I have just been relaxing all the time as I really can't be bothered to work after finishing my GCSEs and am now feeling the guilt!
If I start working hard and revising when I start lessons at Sixth Form, will it make a huge difference if I don't already know much (and perhaps most people already do)?

Not much difference. you have 10 months until exams to cover everything...more than enough time to go through whole course at least twice. Also bridging is just the easy stuff on the course.
Reply 2
Original post by pixiefuller

To be honest this is probably dependant on the person. When I started sixth form we were given a summer booklet after results day and I only really looked at it the night before I had to hand them in, others may believe that they weren't the best during GCSE and decided to do some groundwork so to speak to fill some knowledge gaps. Either way, working hard and revising is a MUST in sixth form, but do so consistently. That's the real difference
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't feel guilty, you should make the most of this summer as next years is shorter and more stressful. You don't need to do any work over this summer to get straight As, just work hard when you start the year.

Quick Reply

Latest