The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hotliketea
literally staring at my email rn

Tbh i dont think they will get back to us before the 14th (as they only start screening apps and vids after the deadline), and on their fb page what they said is they will get back at least 1 week before ACs (and their ACs are in feb i think)
Reply 1981
Original post by thebadboy761
I passed it, went onto AC but PFO afterwards.

I think it was 4 to 5 questions. Last one being a commercial question which asks you about to talk about a recent effect.

You then have your general leadership, dispute solving etc questions.

I find that the S&S video interview was general easier than the other firms that use Launch pad (e.g. CC, Dechert etc). They give you a lot more time to prepare i.e. 5 minutes i think.

I've never had an AC before so I hope you can help. What was the AC like? What did they do in the group exercise?Was the doc and written exercises difficult? Any tips? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. I've had too many rejections at app stage so far, so I'm desperate.
Original post by greentealoverr
I wouldn't hold my breath on that tbh. They did say we'd hear by the 14th but on social media, they've said they will endeavour to let those they're inviting to ACs know at least a week before the dates. Since all the ACs won't be in the same week, I reckon not everyone will be getting a response by tomorrow.

Original post by vacschemestudent
Tbh i dont think they will get back to us before the 14th (as they only start screening apps and vids after the deadline), and on their fb page what they said is they will get back at least 1 week before ACs (and their ACs are in feb i think)

yeah exactly what i was thinking - i'm gonna wait until the end of the day today and then just book what i have to and PRAY they make allowances/it fits in with my schedule
Original post by hotliketea
yeah exactly what i was thinking - i'm gonna wait until the end of the day today and then just book what i have to and PRAY they make allowances/it fits in with my schedule

Yeah, you could also try emailing them and let them know that you're booking travel (I'm assuming that's what you meant?) for ACs/interviews since you're out of the country. I don't know what order they're looking at applications, but they may get back to you faster. Just a thought
Original post by ZXJ
I've never had an AC before so I hope you can help. What was the AC like? What did they do in the group exercise?Was the doc and written exercises difficult? Any tips? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. I've had too many rejections at app stage so far, so I'm desperate.

Written exercise: You're given a stack of documents which you have to read and produce a report.

Group exercise: you work in a small group of people to develop some ideas, then you work together in a big group to select which idea to bring forward. (note for the big group, it is a zero sum game.)

Doc: Have you ever read a real commercial contract? If no, then you better get one to read - preferably an 40 -50 page agreement of some sort. This is so you know the structure of a contract and know where to go if you need some information. You won't be able to read the entire thing in the time given so knowing where you can find information is crucial.

If you have, then read one again.

I thought the Written and Doc were ok. Feedback said my group exercise was slightly below average and some of the strengths they were looking for was below average. You can probably find their strengths on the internet.

Good luck
Anyone done a video interview for Latham & Watkins?

Hey! Did you receive a follow up email with a link to do the video interview?
Would anyone be willing to PM advice Re: Latham Video interview?

I can offer advice in return for video interviews at other US / MC firms if you need it :smile: Thanks!
Original post by emmy1401lr
Hey! Did you receive a follow up email with a link to do the video interview?

Yeah I got the follow up email with the link a few minutes after
Yeah I got the follow up email with the link a few minutes after

Thanks for replying! Huh, weird - I've not yet received it. The process is automatic, right? As in they don't screen the apps before sending off the vid interview? Looks like I will need to email Grad Recruitment... :s-smilie:
Reply 1989
Original post by thebadboy761
Written exercise: You're given a stack of documents which you have to read and produce a report.

Group exercise: you work in a small group of people to develop some ideas, then you work together in a big group to select which idea to bring forward. (note for the big group, it is a zero sum game.)

Doc: Have you ever read a real commercial contract? If no, then you better get one to read - preferably an 40 -50 page agreement of some sort. This is so you know the structure of a contract and know where to go if you need some information. You won't be able to read the entire thing in the time given so knowing where you can find information is crucial.

If you have, then read one again.

I thought the Written and Doc were ok. Feedback said my group exercise was slightly below average and some of the strengths they were looking for was below average. You can probably find their strengths on the internet.

Good luck

Thanks so much. I wish you lots of luck with your apps.
Original post by ZXJ
Thanks so much. I wish you lots of luck with your apps.

NP - that's all I can say without disclosing too much. But do watch your time and do try to find something you can read
Reply 1991
Original post by haseenahali
Congrats to all the people with a clydes AC. Do you mind me asking when you applied? Thanks

I applied very late December, and have an AC in February.
Reply 1992
Original post by LBQ
I applied very late December, and have an AC in February.

Congrats on the AC. I also applied to Clyde in December and just got an email 2 days ago saying my application is "still under review" because of high number of applicants. Although a number of people have already been offered an AC...
Reply 1993
Original post by xoxoF
Congrats on the AC. I also applied to Clyde in December and just got an email 2 days ago saying my application is "still under review" because of high number of applicants. Although a number of people have already been offered an AC...

Thank you! May I ask whether you applied to the Easter Scheme or the Summer Scheme?

My AC is for the summer one, so perhaps they are still processing applications for the one in March?
Original post by LBQ
Thank you! May I ask whether you applied to the Easter Scheme or the Summer Scheme?

My AC is for the summer one, so perhaps they are still processing applications for the one in March?

Are all these ACs for those applying to the London office?
Original post by emmy1401lr
Thanks for replying! Huh, weird - I've not yet received it. The process is automatic, right? As in they don't screen the apps before sending off the vid interview? Looks like I will need to email Grad Recruitment... :s-smilie:

I don't know tbh, I got the impression from the words they used that they did screen the apps. I guess contacting grad rec would help
Reply 1996
Original post by georgieooooo

Yes, mine was for the London office
Reply 1997
Original post by LBQ

Hey, yes my application was for the Easter scheme. Hopefully I hear back soon & good luck with the AC. :smile:
Reply 1998
Original post by xoxoF
Hey, yes my application was for the Easter scheme. Hopefully I hear back soon & good luck with the AC. :smile:

Thank you, and best of luck! I hope they get back to you soon; I know how frustrating it is waiting.
Original post by georgieooooo

This is highly anecdotal, but I applied for one of the Scottish offices and haven't heard anything since submitting in early December :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending