Google STEP 2017 - Summer Trainee Engineering Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Nope, when did you hear last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I interviewed early december so I probs heard end of nov
Original post by bigboateng_
I interviewed early december so I probs heard end of nov

Fair, no news here unfortunately. Been like that for most apps.

Also applied to Two Sigma, PayPal, FitBit and Duolingo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually somehow got an interview, got contacted about a week after I sent my app and have my interviews next week. It's going to be disastrous but oh well
Reply 63
Original post by thecsstudent
I actually somehow got an interview, got contacted about a week after I sent my app and have my interviews next week. It's going to be disastrous but oh well

Congratz! Can you share some insights? Did you get contacted by a specific branch or just a general recruiter? How does your resume look like?
Original post by Hajaku
Congratz! Can you share some insights? Did you get contacted by a specific branch or just a general recruiter? How does your resume look like?

Thanks! I just got contacted by a recruiter, you don't get assigned to a branch until after the interview process if they find a project for you. My resume has actually very few things, just a few apps I developed and the competitive programming I did in high school.
Any interviews yet? Also, anyone apply to other internships?
Original post by sweeneyrod

I had my interviews but I feel like they didn't go that well anyway lol
Original post by sweeneyrod

Heard back from nowhere yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it pretty hardcore algos and data structures as everyone says? Or something different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it pretty hardcore algos and data structures as everyone says? Or something different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very very data structure heavy but what you'd expect not any crazy data structures.
Very very data structure heavy but what you'd expect not any crazy data structures.

Lol I don't learn data structures til next semester rip

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I don't learn data structures til next semester rip

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have time you can just look up some ready code for basic data structures in whatever language you are using and try to understand and be able to use it or if you would like something more theoretical you can read some chapters from Introduction to Algorithms. Most of them are common sense once you get the basic idea
Reply 72
It's interesting that you got an answer so fast. I talked to some guys from google who were at my university and they told me that it's normal for STEP applications to take a long time. They also assured me that one will 100% receive a response from google regarding the application, though I have read some stories online which contradict that.
I really hope I get an invitation to an interview, as I should have zero problems with any data structure/algorithms questions.

Gl, I hope you hear good news back :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One person at my uni heard back and got an offer, a couple have interviews, but most haven't heard anything. In other news, just got my expected post-interview rejection from Jane Street. Should probably learn some common algorithms stuff before any more interviews.
Gl, I hope you hear good news back :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!
Original post by Hajaku
It's interesting that you got an answer so fast. I talked to some guys from google who were at my university and they told me that it's normal for STEP applications to take a long time. They also assured me that one will 100% receive a response from google regarding the application, though I have read some stories online which contradict that.
I really hope I get an invitation to an interview, as I should have zero problems with any data structure/algorithms questions.

I think I read somewhere that Google is trying to get more females into STEP to encourage them so if you're a girl applying and have an ok resume you're likely to get a faster response because they want to encourage you or something. So maybe that's why I heard back so early
Woot officially in the host matching process! Never knew my obsession with algorithms the past 4 years would pay off that well...
Woot officially in the host matching process! Never knew my obsession with algorithms the past 4 years would pay off that well...

Well done!

I'm currently in host matching too, but I wanna go to USA this year so I've had interviews with San Francisco and Mountain View. Waiting for replies. For EU, I recommend Zurich, its amazing :biggrin:
Well done!

I'm currently in host matching too, but I wanna go to USA this year so I've had interviews with San Francisco and Mountain View. Waiting for replies. For EU, I recommend Zurich, its amazing :biggrin:

How are your other apps coming along? FB etc?

Haven't heard a pip from any of mine , a rejection would even be nice at this point looool :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending