The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colliflower
You need to mention all the qualities, and attributes you possess that are related/ required for the course you are applying. Give some examples of experiences you have had, and show how and why you are so enthusiastic about doing the course. Do your research about the course and the university you would like to go to and mention how that university's mission, vision and ethos relates to you. In short - it is mostly about telling them about yourself.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! About to get started now!
Original post by greentea14
If you are only applying to Teeside, try to look at what they specifically want and tailor it to them.

If your application will also contain applications to other unis, try to make it non-specific and do not mention an individual university name as this will work against you.

Best of luck :smile:

Thank you so much! I'm gonna keep it non-specific for now just in case!
I got an offer from Sheffield!!!! Absolutely shocked as I thought I did terrible in the interview! Anyone else heard? 😊 Xxx
I know someone else who is studying the course there now and really enjoying it
Well done! I've been offered a place too. Can't believe it! 😁 Xxx
Original post by Mel.wiltshire
I got an offer from Sheffield!!!! Absolutely shocked as I thought I did terrible in the interview! Anyone else heard? 😊 Xxx

I got an offer too! I cannot beleive it!! So happy xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katieb89

Yay and me!! Well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunshiineH
Hi, I don't think there is a thread for those who are looking to do dental hygiene and therapy for the 2017 entry so I made one:smile: Hopefully get to know some potential peers??

What the difference between a dental hygienist/therapist and a dentist???

Yay well done! See you In April!! Are you on facebook? Xx
Original post by Jknighton94

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Xx
Original post by Mel.wiltshire
Yay well done! See you In April!! Are you on facebook? Xx

😊 yeh I'm on Facebook. I'll see if I can find you Xx
I'm happy for you guys but I'm sad I didn't even get an interview! Haha. Any tips on what they liked about your application?
Original post by Emmarose101
I'm happy for you guys but I'm sad I didn't even get an interview! Haha. Any tips on what they liked about your application?

Don't give up it will happen!
Show your passion and how much you want to do the course and link experiences into your answers. Try to be a little different too don't do the generic answer which everyone puts make your answers stand out. Good luck! :smile: xx
Reply 193

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what qualifications did you apply with and what kind of questions did they ask in the interview?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bora94
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what qualifications did you apply with and what kind of questions did they ask in the interview?

Thankyou. I've got almost 9 years dental nurse experience, certificate in oral health education, radiography and 5 A levels but I didn't do very well in Biology. It's so competitive, but you just have to show how much you want it in your applications.
Every interview is different but Sheffield asked mostly scenario questions. Hope that helps x
Original post by Jknighton94

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done guys going to Sheffield. Good luck in the year ahead.
Is anyone starting to hear back from Leeds Birmingham Newcastle or QMU re interviews for 2017 entry?
I've been offered a place at Sheffield!! Did not expect it at all!! SO excited! :smile:
Can't believe I got an offer from Sheffield today, so excited!! Anyone who's also got an offer feel free to add me on Facebook 😃
got my reply for sheffield ... Im in too!! Its such a relief:colondollar:..... It will be lovely to meet you that are going to Sheffield in person.xx

Quick Reply

Latest