The Student Room Group

Internships/placements for Investment banking

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start University (Sheffield), doing Chemical engineering and hoping to get into front office investment banking. I got ABBB (being 1 UMS off an A in one of the subjects as well) at A Levels and a B in my EPQ. The results I got were under extenuating circumstances so we're not as good as I hoped. Knowing that they aren't as good as I hoped, I really need to show my commitment to the cause as soon as possible and want to do as much work experience as possible. So my question is, can I please know anywhere I can apply for Spring weeks or even summer internships right now? Before Uni starts so I can get a head start in my aim to become an investment banker. Also how do I apply? Could I have links please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nomi2812
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start University (Sheffield), doing Chemical engineering and hoping to get into front office investment banking. I got ABBB (being 1 UMS off an A in one of the subjects as well) at A Levels and a B in my EPQ. The results I got were under extenuating circumstances so we're not as good as I hoped. Knowing that they aren't as good as I hoped, I really need to show my commitment to the cause as soon as possible and want to do as much work experience as possible. So my question is, can I please know anywhere I can apply for Spring weeks or even summer internships right now? Before Uni starts so I can get a head start in my aim to become an investment banker. Also how do I apply? Could I have links please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would appreciate it if you stopped spamming this question everywhere, you know exactly where to look for the info you want so get digging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apply to all the spring weeks that are open and then apply to all the other Spring weeks when they open.
Reply 3
Ok sorry. I'm just unsure. And very prone to overthinking. So I apologise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your uni, course and a levels are all fine to get into FO. But I think you should begin to start learning the ins and outs of IB, its different functions, how the banks operate and keep up to date on recent news. Also I think there is a 2017 spring week forum which you should take a look at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending