The Student Room Group

jealous of friend

So i have been always dreaming of a degree apprenticeship in finance at goldman sachs but was rejected but my friend got in last week. i am happy for her and excited but kinda angry at myself and dissapointed. anybody got any tips to cope?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So i have been always dreaming of a degree apprenticeship in finance at goldman sachs but was rejected but my friend got in last week. i am happy for her and excited but kinda angry at myself and dissapointed. anybody got any tips to cope?

if it’s not meant to be then it’s not meant to be
She isnt working front office where the cool stuff happens shes back office lol.

If you go to a reputable university do a few banking internships you could land an analyst role and 1 up her or simply just get over it and move on at the end of the day it's just a job one you would probably heavily dislike after 6 months
Reply 3
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3
She isnt working front office where the cool stuff happens shes back office lol.

If you go to a reputable university do a few banking internships you could land an analyst role and 1 up her or simply just get over it and move on at the end of the day it's just a job one you would probably heavily dislike after 6 months
ok thanks for the support appreciate it. quick question, say i go to loughborough uni which is 7th in CUG and i do an internship every summer with a placement year, could i keep up? and is loughborough a good uni?
ok thanks for the support appreciate it. quick question, say i go to loughborough uni which is 7th in CUG and i do an internship every summer with a placement year, could i keep up? and is loughborough a good uni?
Loughborough is a good uni but it isnt known for feeding people into Investment Banking you'd have to work your ass off for a role I also dont know what the culture there is like too because in places like Warwick and LSE Students motivate each other to get into IB.

The targets for Banks are

Oxbridge

LSE, UCL, Imperial and Warwick

Durham, Bath and Nottingham

Bristol, Exeter, Edinburgh, St Andrews

York, Leeds, KCL, QMUL, Bayes/City, Loughborough

Preferably you want to be in anything in 3 and above also university table rankings mean nothing in all honesty what matters more for your career aspects is where those students at that school end up after they finish university
Reply 5
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3
Loughborough is a good uni but it isnt known for feeding people into Investment Banking you'd have to work your ass off for a role I also dont know what the culture there is like too because in places like Warwick and LSE Students motivate each other to get into IB.

The targets for Banks are

Oxbridge

LSE, UCL, Imperial and Warwick

Durham, Bath and Nottingham

Bristol, Exeter, Edinburgh, St Andrews

York, Leeds, KCL, QMUL, Bayes/City, Loughborough

Preferably you want to be in anything in 3 and above also university table rankings mean nothing in all honesty what matters more for your career aspects is where those students at that school end up after they finish university
hey so my course i chose at uni is computer science and i have applied to both finance and dts degree apprenticeships but in this instance i am talking about lboro for computer science. do you have any opinions on that and as i said before if i do a internship every summer with a placement year can i keep up ?
hey so my course i chose at uni is computer science and i have applied to both finance and dts degree apprenticeships but in this instance i am talking about lboro for computer science. do you have any opinions on that and as i said before if i do a internship every summer with a placement year can i keep up ?
The degree your doing for IB doesnt really matter tbh but yeah if you do internships you'll keep up placement year will hold you back banks hire straight from internships so to work at JP Morgan you must do an internship with them and to secure an internship you have to do a spring week which takes place in first year and only first year.

To give yourself an edge I'd suggest doing research into any form of online training or course they may offer obviously do it after you finish your a levels.

also check out wallstreetoasis for more info on banks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending