The Student Room Group

2017 UCAS Apply FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
You would use your A-levels plus any qualification you achieved at university previously.

How many years were you at university? It will affect your student funding for a new course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did one year at university
Reply 61
Original post by ..Amy...
I did one year at university

So that's covered by the "gift" year. You should get full funding for a new course.
Hiya,

Excuse me for my ignorance, but if I send off my application now with the universities I have already put on there (which atm is only 3 but I want to get it off early as possible) I can still apply for 2 more uni's as long as I do it before the deadline? Just wanted to clarify from reading the OP of this thread.
Reply 63
Original post by Khanthebrit
Hiya,

Excuse me for my ignorance, but if I send off my application now with the universities I have already put on there (which atm is only 3 but I want to get it off early as possible) I can still apply for 2 more uni's as long as I do it before the deadline? Just wanted to clarify from reading the OP of this thread.

Yes.

However you can't change any other aspects of your application - ie your personal statement and reference remains the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On Tuesday night my ucas says my referee has completed my reference and "approved" my application. Assuming that means it has been sent to ucas, it is now friday (3 days later) and i still havent received an email from ucas saying my application has been processed. Just wondering does it normally take this long or am i just being too impatient? thanks :smile:
Original post by jamesfleming99
On Tuesday night my ucas says my referee has completed my reference and "approved" my application. Assuming that means it has been sent to ucas, it is now friday (3 days later) and i still havent received an email from ucas saying my application has been processed. Just wondering does it normally take this long or am i just being too impatient? thanks :smile:

Unless apply says it has been sent then it hasn't yet been sent to UCAS
Reply 66
Hello guys, I have a little question. I was a volunteer in my school and I have a certificate in order to prove that fact in case the university needs it. Should I enclose this certificate to my UCAS application or will it be enough just to mention about it in my Personal Statement? If I need so, can it be translated by my English teacher or should it be translated by a sworn translator? Thanks in advance :wink:
Reply 67
Original post by finniero
Hello guys, I have a little question. I was a volunteer in my school and I have a certificate in order to prove that fact in case the university needs it. Should I enclose this certificate to my UCAS application or will it be enough just to mention about it in my Personal Statement? If I need so, can it be translated by my English teacher or should it be translated by a sworn translator? Thanks in advance :wink:

You don't need to send it, and it doesn't need translating. You can simply briefly mention it in your personal statement.
Reply 68
What about predicted grades? Does my referee need to write about them? If she need so, where she should do this? In references or is there any space to do it when she will receive a form to complete after I submisję 'references' section? Do I need to write about predicted grades too? I'm really confused :| I'm from Poland and I'm writing Polish New Matura Exam
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
What about predicted grades? Does my referee need to write about them? If she need so, where she should do this? In references or is there any space to do it when she will receive a form to complete after I submisję 'references' section? Do I need to write about predicted grades too? I'm really confused :| I'm from Poland and I'm writing Polish New Matura Exam

There's a space in the refereree's section for them to provide your predictions.

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/references/how-write-ucas-undergraduate-references
Reply 70
Original post by jneill
There's a space in the refereree's section for them to provide your predictions.

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/references/how-write-ucas-undergraduate-references

Thanks a lot! So I don't need to predict my grades in 'education' section, do I?
Reply 71
Thanks a lot! So I don't need to predict my grades in 'education' section, do I?

Nope.
wanting to apply for optometry but being predicted rlly low grades acd and they not moving to predicted me higher even thoguth I told this of the difficulty I have been facing this year and the head of yr is fully aware of my family situation what should I do apply and then get my grades to go into clearing will the uni be able to see I have exutating circumstances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending