The Student Room Group

Neuroscience at UCL etc...

hi,
so i want to study neuroscience at univeristy. partically UCL but i'm wondering if my gcse grades are okay. They are A*A*A*AAABBBBB (i know they are good but i think UCL has a high proportion of students with high GCSE grades for this subject).
Also, will i need a lot of work experince?
Original post by penguinstudies
hi,
so i want to study neuroscience at univeristy. partically UCL but i'm wondering if my gcse grades are okay. They are A*A*A*AAABBBBB (i know they are good but i think UCL has a high proportion of students with high GCSE grades for this subject).
Also, will i need a lot of work experince?

Your GCSE grades will probably be better than most successful applicants to Neuroscience. You won't need much work experience, since getting some in expensive labs and even finding the opportunity to do in the fist place will be difficult. Read in and around the subject, and show your passion for it. That's all you need.
I haven't personally looked at neuroscience at ucl but I don't think a lot of unis look at your gcse. I mean most of the time they expect you to get a grade C or above in Maths and English but other than that I think you should be okay. If you haven't already, you should check their website for more information.
Applying to UCL with 5A*, 5A, 3B, 2C, plus A*AA at a level and predictions of A*A this year (so I'll have 5 a-levels
Also applying to Oxford, Exeter, Bristol and Edinburgh, anyone else? :smile: So excited for Neuroscience already!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending