The Student Room Group

UCL or IC

Hello, I recently received another offer from Imperial College (IC) and I would greatly appreciate your help in sharing the options with everyone for their feedback.

The options are as follows:
1. IC: MRes in Biomedical Research
2. UCL: MSc in Neuroscience

Initially, I had applied to IC for the Experimental Neuroscience program. However, due to the intense competition, I was unfortunately rejected. Throughout my final year, I have been working closely with my supervisor on projects related to Neuroscience. I believe I am more familiar with this field and also find it more intriguing. Considering that Biomedical Research may be a more general field, I am torn between the two choices. Additionally, when considering the reputation of the universities and the research-based curriculum, IC seems to have the upper hand. I also have a small fantasy of pursuing a Ph.D., and I feel that an MRes program might give me a slight advantage over a taught program.

However, UCL's Neuroscience program is highly regarded, making it difficult for me to let go of the opportunity.

I kindly request your advice and suggestions on this matter. If any of you have relevant experiences or insights, please feel free to share them with me. Thank you in advance!
Original post by Mrlevineee
Hello, I recently received another offer from Imperial College (IC) and I would greatly appreciate your help in sharing the options with everyone for their feedback.

The options are as follows:
1. IC: MRes in Biomedical Research
2. UCL: MSc in Neuroscience

Initially, I had applied to IC for the Experimental Neuroscience program. However, due to the intense competition, I was unfortunately rejected. Throughout my final year, I have been working closely with my supervisor on projects related to Neuroscience. I believe I am more familiar with this field and also find it more intriguing. Considering that Biomedical Research may be a more general field, I am torn between the two choices. Additionally, when considering the reputation of the universities and the research-based curriculum, IC seems to have the upper hand. I also have a small fantasy of pursuing a Ph.D., and I feel that an MRes program might give me a slight advantage over a taught program.

However, UCL's Neuroscience program is highly regarded, making it difficult for me to let go of the opportunity.

I kindly request your advice and suggestions on this matter. If any of you have relevant experiences or insights, please feel free to share them with me. Thank you in advance!

Hi @Mrlevineee

Firstly, congratulations on your offer!! I'd suggest you to please compare the modules of the course from the universities and choose the one which you feel is most interesting to you and will help you with career growth. Alongside, do a good research on the life at all the universities, try getting in touch with alumni and know what they say about their experience, compare pros and cons and then come to a conclusion. Hope this helps:smile:.

Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending