The Student Room Group

Anyone ever considered a career in professional gardening?

Interested to know if anyone has considered a career in horticulture (professional gardening)?

GREEEEEN FINGERS :biggrin:

I have a quick survey on it which you can do here - to say thanks you can win one of 3 x £10 Amazon vouchers just by completing it :h:
Reply 1
For me personally I have considered a career in gardening and actually tried it myself.

Everything was going well. I was trimming bushes, weeding weeds and of course planning the garden layout.

The real issue was when a lovely couple by the name of Dave and Dorothy asked me if I could plant some grass along the bank. My heart was telling me to plant them, and my head was telling me to beak them. I resisted my head and managed to plant their grass seeds.

Then they decided to present me with some sunflower seeds to plant along the grass. Let's just say I took those seeds under the wing and slowly waddled back to my establishment. I may have lost out on the job but they lost out on a lovely dinner.

Goose
Reply 2
Original post by MarleyZ
Interested to know if anyone has considered a career in horticulture (professional gardening)?

I have a quick survey on it which you can do here - to say thanks you can win one of 3 x £10 Amazon vouchers just by completing it :h:

Hey I've completed the survey . Hopefully I'll win a voucher 😎
Original post by UniGoose
For me personally I have considered a career in gardening and actually tried it myself.

Everything was going well. I was trimming bushes, weeding weeds and of course planning the garden layout.

The real issue was when a lovely couple by the name of Dave and Dorothy asked me if I could plant some grass along the bank. My heart was telling me to plant them, and my head was telling me to beak them. I resisted my head and managed to plant their grass seeds.

Then they decided to present me with some sunflower seeds to plant along the grass. Let's just say I took those seeds under the wing and slowly waddled back to my establishment. I may have lost out on the job but they lost out on a lovely dinner.

Goose

wtf...
Original post by MarleyZ

Original post by MarleyZ

I done it, how woudl the vouchers get sent.
Original post by Light Venom
I done it, how woudl the vouchers get sent.

Goodluck, the vouchers will be sent by email. Easy peasy!

Looking forward to more responses :smile:
Can't think of anything more depressing, think I'd honestly rather clean *****ers
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
Can't think of anything more depressing, think I'd honestly rather clean *****ers

Blimey :lol:!
I WON!!!!!! ttyvm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending