The Student Room Group

Thinking of studying Podiatry/Dental Therapy

Hi :smile: I hope someone can give me a bit of advice.
I am 33 years old and have worked as a dental nurse for the past 5 years but I'd like to develop a better career.
I am thinking of giving up work to study podiatry full time, but I was also considering dental hygiene therapy, although swaying more towards pod.
Does anyone have experience of either of these courses/careers?
Its a big risk giving up my job but I think I could cover the bills if I got a weekend job, together with a maintenance loan. I understand they are scrapping NHS bursaries so feels a little scary accumulating all that debt. I heard the loan was 8200 per year?
I also wonder about the employability rates in both careers, is it easy to find a job as a podiatrist/dental therapist?
I just feel so confused as to what to do.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
I have the same question from biomedical science to podiatry i hope you have an advice for me please???
Original post by Louise2817
Hi :smile: I hope someone can give me a bit of advice.
I am 33 years old and have worked as a dental nurse for the past 5 years but I'd like to develop a better career.
I am thinking of giving up work to study podiatry full time, but I was also considering dental hygiene therapy, although swaying more towards pod.
Does anyone have experience of either of these courses/careers?
Its a big risk giving up my job but I think I could cover the bills if I got a weekend job, together with a maintenance loan. I understand they are scrapping NHS bursaries so feels a little scary accumulating all that debt. I heard the loan was 8200 per year?
I also wonder about the employability rates in both careers, is it easy to find a job as a podiatrist/dental therapist?
I just feel so confused as to what to do.
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest