The Student Room Group
Bristol.
Reply 2
Durham.
Reply 3
Neither of the two listed *require* A level maths, so they are solutions.

You'll still have a good chance at bristol if you get a B over anyone that doesn't have maths what so ever.
Reply 4
Bristol wants me to get A in Maths, although its for ComSci and Maths course, maybe for pure CompSci its different. Kings, if in your opinion its aa good uni, wants maths, but lower than A.
Reply 6
A lot of Universities Computer Science courses are entering clearing year after year due to a lack of demand from people with good enough grades. Have a look over the next week and see what universities drop their A-grade maths requirement and apply to those if you're worried :smile:

I'm fairly sure York and Warwick usually drop from requiring an A in A-Level maths to a B/C
Reply 7
I've enjoyed my first year at Warwick, an excellant degree that doesn't work you too hard in good surroundings.
Reply 8
Southampton only require a B in Maths and are imho (biased) very good for computer science (came just after imperial in times guide 2008 for CS)
Sheffield :smile:

I got a C and they let me in :smile:

and their offer for comp sci and maths is BBB
Kings
KCL offer: ABB/AAC
(Math at A-Level not essential).
Reply 11
Thanks for the feedback people. Do you reckon its better to value universities over computer science ranking or overall ranking?
Reply 12
Bristol def! 3rd now and has better job prospects than Oxford according to times online.
Reply 13
just don't expect to get into bristol if you don't make the grades :frown:
timekeeper
I've enjoyed my first year at Warwick, an excellant degree that doesn't work you too hard in good surroundings.

Teaching in a large number of modules leaves quite abit to be desired though. That said in others its superb, so swings and roundabouts
Reply 15
I was predicted at B for A-level maths.
I applied at York even though they wanted an A.
My offer included an A in maths.
I got a C in maths (and the other two grades they wanted) and I'm going to York.

Obviously you won't be guaranteed a place without the grades, but CS is VERY undersubscribed. I wouldn't let high grades put you off applying somewhere.
Reply 16
katwin
I was predicted at B for A-level maths.
I applied at York even though they wanted an A.
My offer included an A in maths.
I got a C in maths (and the other two grades they wanted) and I'm going to York.

Obviously you won't be guaranteed a place without the grades, but CS is VERY undersubscribed. I wouldn't let high grades put you off applying somewhere.

Your post made me so happy. ABB (or is it AAB) which is listed on their site was what ive been aiming for this year, results came and i got B computing (so close to A) and a disappointing C in ICT (given a U in an exam, but getting remarked, so maybe a B), and C in AS maths.

I'm planning on attending one of York's open days, and requesting for a CS focus so i can ask questions.
Reply 17
leeming
Your post made me so happy. ABB (or is it AAB) which is listed on their site was what ive been aiming for this year, results came and i got B computing (so close to A) and a disappointing C in ICT (given a U in an exam, but getting remarked, so maybe a B), and C in AS maths.

I'm planning on attending one of York's open days, and requesting for a CS focus so i can ask questions.

I got ABCE in my AS year, (A in computing, B in english language, C in maths, E in physics). BCC (did you do another subject?) isn't so far off that ... and it's definitely improvable to that with work next year (I got ABC at A2 year). Good luck!
Steer clear of QMUL
Reply 19
katwin
I got ABCE in my AS year, (A in computing, B in english language, C in maths, E in physics). BCC (did you do another subject?) isn't so far off that ... and it's definitely improvable to that with work next year (I got ABC at A2 year). Good luck!

Well my As' include ICT/Computing B (computing was like 6 ums off A), Maths C, Biology/Art E. A2 Computing B, ICT C. This year i am doing A2 Maths, and also wanting to resit ICT to pull it up a little, so hoping to have at least 3 B's.

Latest

Trending

Trending