The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Hull-York Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 3stars
Anyone else got an interview on the 8th? Really excited and nervous!

I have one on the 8th!!! at 10:50.. What time is yours?

Also my interviews held at the University of York.. Is everyones?
University of York
York
Wooh!
Got an interview!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Wooh!
Got an interview!!!

Stats?
My daughter had an interview email Today, her stats are, 8 A's, 2 B's, 1 C at GCSE,
predicted A*AA, UKCAT 2060 (686), Band 2.
Original post by Shazzann
My daughter had an interview email Today, her stats are, 8 A's, 2 B's, 1 C at GCSE,
predicted A*AA, UKCAT 2060 (686), Band 2.

Congrats to both of you!! May i ask... When's your daughter's interview?
Interview with 7A*s 1A, Band 2 687.
Undergrad predicted 1st.
Interview for the 16th - 7A*'s 4A's, 2050 Band 1 UKCAT
Over the moon!!
Does anyone know how long after interview HYMS start handing out offers?
Original post by hay_tuz
Interview for the 16th - 7A*'s 4A's, 2050 Band 1 UKCAT
Over the moon!!
Does anyone know how long after interview HYMS start handing out offers?

I think they send out most offers around February
Hi to all HYMS applicants! I know how stressful this time is because I was in the exact same position last year... and because of that I thought I'd give you some advice of how to do well on the 'weird' style of the HYMS interview compared to uni's. Basically read up on current topics and also look into the course structure also be prepared for the group interview (do they still do that?:':wink:) . But most importantly if you can get your hands on a book called the "Unofficial Guide to Hull York Medical School (HYMS) interviews" - get it!! They don't sell it anymore but there will be some definitely for sale on places like ebay :biggrin: It explains everything and helps you at all your interviews. Most importantly it helped me get an offer from them and two other Med schools :smile:
GOOD LUCK!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ellie4412
Hi to all HYMS applicants! I know how stressful this time is because I was in the exact same position last year... and because of that I thought I'd give you some advice of how to do well on the 'weird' style of the HYMS interview compared to uni's. Basically read up on current topics and also look into the course structure also be prepared for the group interview (do they still do that?:':wink:) . But most importantly if you can get your hands on a book called the "Unofficial Guide to Hull York Medical School (HYMS) interviews" - get it!! They don't sell it anymore but there will be some definitely for sale on places like ebay :biggrin: It explains everything and helps you at all your interviews. Most importantly it helped me get an offer from them and two other Med schools :smile:
GOOD LUCK!!

hahahahaha looks like a great way to boost the price of a book :P
Original post by Kantth1
Stats?

AAA Achieved
(edited 7 years ago)
GOT AN INTERVIEW lads
Original post by rishi.sekhri
GOT AN INTERVIEW lads

Well done!! :wink:
Original post by Orangeflower6
How do we send scanned copies of GCSE/AS though? Also, no students at my college received AS certificates this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats the same with pretty much all colleges/sixth forms I think! I'm going to take my GCSE certificates with me to college tomorrow and ask my form tutor haha
Original post by livvy1505
Interview!! 1:15 on the 14th😄

Same time and day!!! congrats!
Original post by Mr PB
I got my interview same time as you :smile:
Stats: 6A*s 4As 1B 673 Band 2
Predicted: A*A*A*

Nicee, that means you and I could potentially be in the same group, but we will have to see. Where are you coming from and what other medical schools have you applied to ?
Original post by Rickysheena
Same time and day!!! congrats!

Ahhhh congrats to you too!!!
Original post by steamedyaoi
Hi my interview is at 10:50 on 16th December. I want to ask if anyone knows of any hotels that are cheap, for overnight stay,l around University of York, since I'm travelling from the midlands.

Also, can someone tell me if they've got the same time? Thanks

got the same time same date as you :smile:
Original post by rishi.sekhri
got the same time same date as you :smile:

Where are you commuting from? Are you going to stay overnight?
Original post by steamedyaoi
Where are you commuting from? Are you going to stay overnight?

It's a four hour drive for me so I'm gonna stay overnight the day before wby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending