The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Hull-York Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I had mine yesterday, at 1:15 on Thursday 15th. I think the scenario was probably the hardest and the group PBL least difficult. Anyone else had there's at that time?
(edited 7 years ago)
University of York
York
Original post by studentAHA
I had mine a couple of days ago, at 1:15 on Thursday 15th. I think the scenario was probably the hardest and the group PBL least difficult. Anyone else had there's at that time?

Yeah I was! Which group were you in?
Original post by bleepshow
Yeah I was! Which group were you in?

Blue 3. Yourself?
Original post by rishi.sekhri
did you have your interview today??

Yepp! the only black girl in the group 🙇
did you have your interview today??

did you go to the MEDICU course on Sat 10th? you're name sounds familiar aha
I failed the interview so badly, not gonna be getting an offer for sure
Original post by steamedyaoi

Don't lose hope! I was talking to one of the student ambassadors when i went for my interview and they told me that they felt they failed the interview last year but there they were studying medicine and helping other students get into HYMS!!

Have you got any other interviews elsewhere??

aw, i'm sorry to hear that, but you never know! :redface:
Original post by manlike99
Hopefully :smile:. Sheffield is the only open day out of the 4 that I haven't been able to go to unfortunately... Is it really dodgy? And nice, I reckon 717 is fine since the cut off last year was around 685

there is no dodgy areas between the UoS campus and the majority of accomodation ... few dodgier areas around the NGH but the dodgy areas of sheffield and the normal palces you find UoS students are not the same places, unless people are living in places traditionally viewed as Hallam ( Poly ) student territory ...
Original post by zippyRN
there is no dodgy areas between the UoS campus and the majority of accomodation ... few dodgier areas around the NGH but the dodgy areas of sheffield and the normal palces you find UoS students are not the same places, unless people are living in places traditionally viewed as Hallam ( Poly ) student territory ...

Didn't apply to Sheffield in the end.

I'm sure you did better than you think. What makes you think you did bad?
I'm sure you did better than you think. What makes you think you did bad?

I think my answers were very disorganised, and I don't think I placed in work experience or volunteering opportunities when I could've... I completely forgot to~ I really hope people did terribly, but at the same time I feel bad. So conflicted
I think my answers were very disorganised, and I don't think I placed in work experience or volunteering opportunities when I could've... I completely forgot to~ I really hope people did terribly, but at the same time I feel bad. So conflicted

Also, i don't think anyone would've done badly, everyone there is clever beyond doubt

Nah I know how you feel! If other people have done badly then you're more likely to get an offer. Everyone wants an offer, I'm sure everyone lowkey feels the same as you. I forgot to say a few things too but it's natural, we all forget when under pressure.

Remember every station is weighted equally, i completely messed up the group task but i'm hoping my other stations can bring up my score.
Original post by nihil_nimis
Remember every station is weighted equally, i completely messed up the group task but i'm hoping my other stations can bring up my score.

What makes you think you messed it up?
I would think it's a rare that someone think they aced every single component. Relax :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone think the hardest part was?¿
What makes you think you messed it up?

I didn't say anything that contributed relevant information and I ended up repeating what someone else said by accident making me look like a bad listener, I probably got 0 points for that station, but my other stations were better so hopefully it'll be enough.
What did everyone think the hardest part was?¿

One of the mini interviews

Quick Reply

Latest