The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss987
How come people with higher Ukcat scores than mine (624) were rejected. I got an interview invite a month ago and still don't get how they hand out interviews. They probably take PS into account.

Hi,
Are you a graduate or a RUK applicant, they tend to have fewer places for us, so that might be why if you're school leaver or a Scottish applicant?
London School Leaver.
Original post by Boss987
London School Leaver.

Hmm that might be why.. All the RUK grads on here similar to my ukcat got rejected :frown: if you were grad I'd definitely be asking questions though!
Thanks for the info
Original post by Sparks023
Hmm that might be why.. All the RUK grads on here similar to my ukcat got rejected :frown: if you were grad I'd definitely be asking questions though!
Thanks for the info

I'm also a RUK grad (with masters) and got rejected too with 633 :frown: Good luck with your other applications!
Why do grads have to get a much higher ukcat than school leavers to get an interview?

I'm a school leaver and just wondering why so many grads who have so much experience and are obviously qualified have been rejected
Original post by B2378
I'm also a RUK grad (with masters) and got rejected too with 633 :frown: Good luck with your other applications!

Thank you, you too!
Original post by hopeforunderdog
Why do grads have to get a much higher ukcat than school leavers to get an interview?

I'm a school leaver and just wondering why so many grads who have so much experience and are obviously qualified have been rejected

That appears to be the million dollar question :smile:
Does anyone know if this is the case at all universities or just Aberdeen?
When will we hear about offers or rejections? Interview is on 30th January so just wondering
Original post by bethande
When will we hear about offers or rejections? Interview is on 30th January so just wondering

When all the interviews are done. They said that it would be towards the end of February at the earliest. I've been waiting since November, so at least you don't have too long to wait. :biggrin:
Original post by bethande

Last couple of years it has been last week in Feb, I am pretty sure. You can check old threads on here for exact dates
Hey guys really weird, i just got invite from Aberdeen, they apologised saying they were meant to send it on Friday. I am a Scottish School leaver (currently in s6)
People with interviews: I have an interview tomorrow and do I have to show up at the time of my eventbrite booking or before?
Really liking Aberdeen so far, despite the 12 hour coach journey!
Original post by telepathicturtle
People with interviews: I have an interview tomorrow and do I have to show up at the time of my eventbrite booking or before?
Really liking Aberdeen so far, despite the 12 hour coach journey!

On the website it says at least 20 minutes before (for a briefing), but I'd aim to arrive an hour before just in case :smile:

12 must be killer! That's why I'm flying over instead hahah
I have my interview tomorrow. Im so nervous
Interview tomorrow and freaking out! its all the sort of topical NHS stuff, theres so much they could ask and its impossible to have an in depth understanding of it all
Original post by vickysmith138
Interview tomorrow and freaking out! its all the sort of topical NHS stuff, theres so much they could ask and its impossible to have an in depth understanding of it all

My interview is tomorrow too! What times is yours? Mine's 2.30pm
Original post by HiraMunawar
My interview is tomorrow too! What times is yours? Mine's 2.30pm

Im at 10.00am- good luck!! How are you feeling about it?
Im at 10.00am- good luck!! How are you feeling about it?

Aw, good luck toyou too :smile: So nervous! Do you think you're readyy
Original post by HiraMunawar
Aw, good luck toyou too :smile: So nervous! Do you think you're readyy

Im really unsure- it will really depend what comes up. I dont want to be over prepared to the point that it sounds rehersed or where ill be thrown off by a question that im not ready for if that makes any sense?

What about you, what are you expecting to come up?
Im really unsure- it will really depend what comes up. I dont want to be over prepared to the point that it sounds rehersed or where ill be thrown off by a question that im not ready for if that makes any sense?

What about you, what are you expecting to come up?

Ah, I understand yeah I'm trying to do the same thing as you, know general points I can apply to a range of questions :smile:

Anything tbh haha, possibly less to do with NHS hot topics bcus most of what I'm aware of concerns England
but anythings posisble!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending