The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HiraMunawar
I just called medical admissions at Aberdeen, and the woman said they aren't planning on sending offers until the middle of March? Someone else called and confirm loool (no: 01224 437923).

She said no offers out today, and end of March at the latest. Looks like another weeks wait?

Also, just called and confirmed - "some time over the next two weeks." When I asked about the twitter post that said they'd be out this week, they said that the team had just got back from Singapore and were hoping to get the offers out as soon as possible.
Reply 781
Original post by adamdaniell
It is annoying, especially considering how they do the offers (collate scores on spreadsheet, order by number, make offers to top [number of offers that year]), and that (if accurate) they're going against what they said at the interviews and on twitter this week, and the fact that international offers have already gone out, but who knows what unexpected problems cropped up last minute?

All I can think is maybe they've decided it's a bad idea to specify a particular day, especially after this week when they said they'd be out but they haven't come, maybe they're just saying over the next two weeks but it will still come soon, they just don't want to specify like "it will be out next week", just in case something happens
Original post by TomH99
All I can think is maybe they've decided it's a bad idea to specify a particular day, especially after this week when they said they'd be out but they haven't come, maybe they're just saying over the next two weeks but it will still come soon, they just don't want to specify like "it will be out next week", just in case something happens

Medicine is a controlled subject . They normally wait until number of funded places are confirmed by scottish funding council .
Original post by Julesdel
Medicine is a controlled subject . They normally wait until number of funded places are confirmed by scottish funding council .

Looking at the other Scottish unis (and seeing they are quiet as well) tbis could be true. If so, however, they should just say this - would be much better than vague guesses. :biggrin:
I'm still not sure about my fee status
Reply 785
Original post by Julesdel

Any idea when this will happen?
Should be any time now but that is what caused the delay last year. The universities are fined if they make more offers than the number of funded places that they get allocated. If you look at the scottish funding council web page once it's announced the numbers of funded places for medicine for each Scottish university is detailed there.
Does anyone know if they've sent out ALL offers for int students?
Reply 788
Original post by riyaaaaa
Does anyone know if they've sent out ALL offers for int students?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1488619805.288333.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very insightful
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the work experience form that we handed in forms part of the interview score?
Original post by futuremedicornot
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the work experience form that we handed in forms part of the interview score?

No, it is not scored. I believe that it's mainly for their records, just to provide themselves with an idea of the level of work experience applicants are applying with under their belts. Occasionally they also investigate people's work experience details to confirm that they have provided a truthful account of their work experience.
Original post by Maestro Michael
No, it is not scored. I believe that it's mainly for their records, just to provide themselves with an idea of the level of work experience applicants are applying with under their belts. Occasionally they also investigate people's work experience details to confirm that they have provided a truthful account of their work experience.

Thanks! 🙂
Original post by futuremedicornot
Thanks! 🙂

You're welcome, good luck, hopefully we will hear sooner rather than later!
Original post by Maestro Michael
You're welcome, good luck, hopefully we will hear sooner rather than later!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well and good luck to everyone! :smile:
How many participants are on this thread?
Original post by Iainmedic94
How many participants are on this thread?

There are 79 k who have looked at it but I dont know how many people are actually active. Or maybe that statistic is how many times the thread has been opened because 79k seems a bit large.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thealmostdoctor
There are 79 k who have looked at it but I dont know how many people are actually active. Or maybe that statistic is how many times the thread has been opened because 79k seems a bit large.

Posted from TSR Mobile

79K "views" isn't the same as unique viewers.
guys
how do you spell Aberdeen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending