The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

You don't need to buy a stethoscope before you start; you don't use one until term 2 (after Christmas) 🙂.
Received feedback on my rejection today from Aberdeen Uni. Not much detail, but kind of as expected.
Academic score - Very good.
UKCAT - Middle range 7th decile 'so your score was rather less than that of many other applicants'. To be expected with a UKCAT of 1940.
Interview score - I scored less than other applicants in the following two areas:
Critical thinking and problem solving. (Knew this one did not go well - the priority question was trickier than I expected).
Your personal statement. (I thought this one went okay, but def somewhere to improve).

Anyway, if you are awaiting feedback, it will be in a similar format to above and it should come through soon.

All the best for those hopeful future medics and those with medical school places!
Original post by Mulbkat84
Received feedback on my rejection today from Aberdeen Uni. Not much detail, but kind of as expected.
Academic score - Very good.
UKCAT - Middle range 7th decile 'so your score was rather less than that of many other applicants'. To be expected with a UKCAT of 1940.
Interview score - I scored less than other applicants in the following two areas:
Critical thinking and problem solving. (Knew this one did not go well - the priority question was trickier than I expected).
Your personal statement. (I thought this one went okay, but def somewhere to improve).

Anyway, if you are awaiting feedback, it will be in a similar format to above and it should come through soon.

All the best for those hopeful future medics and those with medical school places!

That's really interesting to know, I'm now awaiting my feedback! Don't worry, I had a ukcat score of 1710 😂 and somehow still got interviewed.
Are you applying again next year?
Original post by rchannah
That's really interesting to know, I'm now awaiting my feedback! Don't worry, I had a ukcat score of 1710 😂 and somehow still got interviewed.
Are you applying again next year?

I will apply again next year. Hopefully with a vastly improved UKCAT, I didn't get a good sleep before I sat it so I think that had a lot to do with how it went in the end - planning an afternoon slot also. May also try more interview practice, but I have never been great at interviews sadly.
Original post by GusBrolly
Hi, I'm on the waiting list, does anyone have any idea when we'll find out if we get places?

Hey

I received an offer last week after being rejected and held on the waiting list!!
It came through around 7pm on the 8th
I assumed any waiting list offers would come out on results day once the uni knows your grades, so if you still haven't heard dont worry!

Good luck!!
Original post by sophiebarr
Hey

I received an offer last week after being rejected and held on the waiting list!!
It came through around 7pm on the 8th
I assumed any waiting list offers would come out on results day once the uni knows your grades, so if you still haven't heard dont worry!

Good luck!!

Congratulations. I was wondering if anyone was offered a spot. It has been very quiet on this front compared to previous years around this time.
I am From Asia and am considering studying for medicine in any medical school in uk or Ireland, considering brexit and the NHS , which one ( uk or Ireland) would I stand a better chance at staying there to continue doing my housemanship and register as Mo considering Irish medical council gives priorities to the Europeans and lower other students from non-EU countries chance for staying in uk.
anyone know exact term dates for medicine at aberdeen?
Original post by TaraHeneghan98
anyone know exact term dates for medicine at aberdeen?

4th Sept

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who do we contact to get feedback about rejections? I had assumed they were sent out automatically...
Original post by rchannah
Who do we contact to get feedback about rejections? I had assumed they were sent out automatically...

No, you had to request it in April. I chased mine up and received it early May..
Any updates on the waiting list?
who is in :banana2:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 12Russ
Any idea if 5A* 2A 1B and 2C at gcse would be good enough for aberdeen with A*AA predictions and AAAB at AS?

Hi, where did you end up going? whAT was ur Ukcat :smile:
hey everyone! how many people who had been waiting listed got in last year?
Hi Heather, did you end up getting in cause i am also on the wait list this year?
Original post by hollyt93
Hey guys I'm currently a student on the Medicine course at Aberdeen, just ask me if you need any info or tips

Do you have a rough idea of how many people are usually placed on the wait list to study medicine in University of Aberdeen?
Original post by Pamelle
Do you have a rough idea of how many people are usually placed on the wait list to study medicine in University of Aberdeen?

I think it's every person interviewd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending