The Student Room Group

Is my critical friend jealous of me

We used to get on really well. After she got married I never heard from her again until her divorce two years later when she got back in contact.

She has changed so much. She's consuderable overweight and I know it's mean but she's really not attractive. She is a single parent and had a 3 year old daughter. She won't let her ex see their daughter and seems resentful of him.

She criticises me ex partner who is a great dad. She goes on about how he only has my son on his terms. She gives me plenty of backhanded compliments like 'you have an unconventionally pretty face' , 'you lose weight so quickly but put it on quickly too'.

She always makes statements like 'I used to be your size before I lost all this weight (she's biggee than me in reality), if I pick up clothes in a shop she will say 'that won't fit you that's my size, it will be too small for you'. You're an 8 out of 10 and I'm a 9.

She is obsessed about mentioning she's a size 10 (she's more like a 16), that she's pretty and basically puts me down a lot.

I have an amazing gay best friends who se is desperate to be friends with too and keeps adding him in Facebook and messaging him to meet up. He finds it creepy. She tries to turn me off him too but she couldn't find fault in him if she tried as he's amazing.

She refers to me as her best friend when I'm definetly not.

I feel she's only using me for company as she has no one else and would disappear as soon as she got a boyfriend.

I've decided to end contact and I've been avoiding her calls etc. I've told her I will be very busy the next few minths so can't meet up.

Do you think she's just a nasty person or does this sound like jealousy?
She's jaded and bitter from her breakup lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending