The Student Room Group

Biochemistry first year summer placement

I'd like to find a 6-12 week work placement related to my (soon to be) field of study, biochemistry. If anyone can answer my questions I'd be very grateful.

Where can I find summer placements? I've heard of people applying to over a hundred placements and I have no idea how to find that many!

When do you apply? I know this will depend on the company but is it typically at the start of the year? The end?

Are they competitive? I got AAA in maths, chem and bio at A-level and, as well as my GCSEs, that's all I have so far. I have no work experience but I want to work or volunteer at uni and I'll try my hardest to get high grades when I get to there.

I'm asking because my course doesn't have a guaranteed placement year, so I want to apply for one and a summer placement will help with my CV. Thank you :h:.
You really just have to look online. Try talking to people in your dept as many labs may take on summer students. There may also be schemes through things like Wellcome and BBSRC. Apply as soon as you can and yes they're very competitive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending