The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I live in south east london...um around about peckenham heard of it? well thursday will be the last day I see of that rotten school!.
By the way still can't hack teachers account...but he goes in some days before results come out so I can go in the 15th and ask for his help:smile:
Just dissapeared?
Lol probably fallen down a well,
lol id be slightly worried if one of my friends just suddenly dissapeared.

Bah lets stop talking about mates and school I wanna chat about results
Wait can't people with results plus access the edcxel mark schemes?
Chiba_Revolution
I live in south east london...um around about peckenham heard of it? well thursday will be the last day I see of that rotten school!.
By the way still can't hack teachers account...but he goes in some days before results come out so I can go in the 15th and ask for his help:smile:

I can't say i've heard of it, i don't know much about the south or east of London. I can probably imagine the sort of place though. Good luck getting the markschemes off the teacher - you might want to not mention you've been trying to hack his account. :biggrin:
Chiba_Revolution
so what are your schools like?

I really enjoy my school - i don't want to go on about how brilliant it is; but in comparison the idea of people getting randomly out of their seats in lessons, let alone messing around and recording each other with phones whilst the teacher just stands there is very different. It's far more organised yet still relaxed; the teachers treat us like adults on the same level. I'm sure i can't judge a school on one short clip, but the people there seem far more rowdy - students at my school are generally always nice to each other, and people who don't get on well together tend to just stay away from each other.
Chiba_Revolution
Wait can't people with results plus access the edcxel mark schemes?
I think only examiner's can access that - students have less privaliged accounts. :frown:
Reply 84
WE NEED THE MARK SCHEMES - No you can't access them with results plus - pelase someone!!
Reply 85
Where is bohemian? give us some updates.. :smile:
Keep on topic please.
Reply 87
I thought we have always been on the topic, ie ways to get the markshemes, no?
I went off topic before. He might have been talking to me. Sorry about that.

Not much is going to happen on this thread until someone gets some markschemes - it looks like alot of the big rep people are willing to rep anyone who does get them.
Im gonna hunt around the edexcel website with websnake and google (hopefully the files are on the same server)
Reply 90
Ah I see. No problem though. :smile:

yeah I will chip in my rep as well!
Reply 91
Indeed.. if anyone gets the markschemes im willing to rep to!
Reply 92
Well it seems the other thread was closed, but we'll keep relevant to this one. Bohemian we're all waiting on you mate!
Reply 93
If examiners can access all of the mark schemes/reports:

I found an English examiner's myspace lol :p:

Maybe someone could add her as a friend? :p:
Reply 94
Yes someone do it!
Reply 95
Here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=73892074

Scroll down and then read the first comment..That's the examiner..
Reply 96
Not counting on looks here, and no offence to anyone, but no wonder Edexcel's marking is soo inconsistent! That examiner looks like a kid our age!! I'm becoming slightly worried now...she sounded as if she couldn't care either! it's our A-levels!!
Er so what do we do? ask for her help?
Reply 98
RyanY
Not counting on looks here, and no offence to anyone, but no wonder Edexcel's marking is soo consistent! The examiners are like kids our age!! I'm becoming slightly worried now...

I know I'm perhaps over-stereotyping but it probably is the case that the poeple most qualified for the job aren't marking papers because they don't need the money.

A large proportion of those marking papers will be the younger/less qualified who need the extra money or retired teachers.

This is not to say that either wont do an amazing job at marking papers but when you add to that the workload/amount they are marking each (due to shortage of examiners) - how accurate can their marking really be?

If you read that girl's comment she states that she got really bored due to the amount of papers she was reading a day. If you read the same drivel 100 times a day, after a while you're bound to sometimes miss the important/truly mark-worthy comments in student's answers right?

Though students who take maths/science subjects can probably feel more confident that their papers have been marked accurately than those who take essay subjects..
Reply 99
im just happy ive only got right/wrong types of subjects with Edexcel!

Latest