The Student Room Group

A100 St. Andrews Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else not heard back yet and the link for the St Andrews portal is 'expired'? Might just be an error on my computer or their system, but I used to be able to login.
Original post by tripper94
Anyone else not heard back yet and the link for the St Andrews portal is 'expired'? Might just be an error on my computer or their system, but I used to be able to login.

Don't worry, most people don't hear about getting an interview until after the New Year.
Reply 82
Are interview questions standardised or have they read personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iziziz
Are interview questions standardised or have they read personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In most cases they won't have read your personal statement (although they might have it in front of them). There's far too many people for the interviewers to read every single one. Some questions are standardised, however they might then adapt later questions or add some in, to relate to what you have said to them.
could someone who's had their interview tell me if there were any academic questions, eg questions on immunity or glucose levels. if so are there any topics we should revise before hand?
Reply 85
No one can tell you anything specific about the interviews or the questions. They would be giving you an advantage that they had not themselves.
To people who have already had their interviews, what seems to be the typical dress code for guys? Suit? Shirt and tie?
Original post by asdfghjkl2609
To people who have already had their interviews, what seems to be the typical dress code for guys? Suit? Shirt and tie?

Most guys were suits with a shirt and tie. :biggrin:
Original post by asdfghjkl2609

I've got an interview on Friday and I'll be there in a full suit. Maybe see you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tripper94

The same thing has happened to me! Phew, glad it's not just me. I thought that it meant a rejection - but it hasn't been communicated through UCAS yet.
Thought the interview was pretty tough. Just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Cave Felem
Thought the interview was pretty tough. Just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I agree, the worst one i've had so far!
Original post by rchannah
The same thing has happened to me! Phew, glad it's not just me. I thought that it meant a rejection - but it hasn't been communicated through UCAS yet.

Ok, cool, i think I might give them a ring in the next couple of days try figure out why the links expired. If you happen to have done so already, give us a shout. cheers. g'luck with the application and all that!
I have my interview on the 10th. I know you can't disclose any details about the interview but do you guys have any tips or advice for those of us who haven't had ours yet?
Reply 94
Original post by hannolivia
I have my interview on the 10th. I know you can't disclose any details about the interview but do you guys have any tips or advice for those of us who haven't had ours yet?

This is pretty generic advice, but I would definitely prepare for role play if I were you, and make sure you know your reflections from work experience back to front! Is this you only interview so far?
How has everyone found the interviewers themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mb2016
This is pretty generic advice, but I would definitely prepare for role play if I were you, and make sure you know your reflections from work experience back to front! Is this you only interview so far?

It's not my only interview but it's my first one 😩 which i am absolutely gutted about because it's my first choice so i wish i had another interview first as a sort of practice run 😬
Reply 97
Original post by hannolivia
It's not my only interview but it's my first one 😩 which i am absolutely gutted about because it's my first choice so i wish i had another interview first as a sort of practice run 😬

Yeah, I had my first choice one first, try to relax to be honest, if you really want to be a doctor that will definitely come across and I would also try to talk to people before, it makes the whole process far less stressful.
You know how St Andrews say they'll make some decisions early on in the process but the majority in March, does anyone know when these early on decisions will be?? (Post interview offers/rejections btw)
Original post by Navyblue99
You know how St Andrews say they'll make some decisions early on in the process but the majority in March, does anyone know when these early on decisions will be?? (Post interview offers/rejections btw)

I received an offer on the 1st of March last year - that was the earliest batch. This year people could hear back by late February, or contrary, you might hear later. I don't imagine you will hear any earlier than the end of February as they'll need to double check all of the scores (which will take some time), and they'll probably wait until they've done more interviews so they can send out quite a few offers at the same time.

Rejections came out around the same time as the majority of the offers, last year. Unless you've done exceptionally bad, they won't reject you for a while. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending