The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ACR89
I was really hoping it'd be this week!!! still 2 hours till the end of the working day!! *fingers crossed*

I don't mean to dampen your optimism, but there's usually some sort of change on the portal before the emails come out, and nothing has changed yet. I hope I'm wrong though and it does come out later 😃😃 if not then fingers crossed for Monday
Update from the Facebook page we'll receive an email "shortly" and no further updates on the page until after the election.
Reply 1782
Original post by bluepennant
Update from the Facebook page we'll receive an email "shortly" and no further updates on the page until after the election.

What does shortly mean 😩😩 the suspense is killing me haha
Not that "shortly" then. Roll on next week then
Debated commenting 'define 'shortly'' 🤔🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lizzienicolax
Debated commenting 'define 'shortly'' 🤔🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they should have used the word "shortly" in their announcement. That implies to me that it will be a few hours. If I'm speaking to my friends and I'm seeing them later that day I'll say "I'll see you shortly". If we weren't going to find out today, they should have just said we will send you an email before the end of April. It's just got people's hopes up saying shortly, and has more than likely had a few people constantly refreshing their email lol
Original post by Frankjack87
I don't think they should have used the word "shortly" in their announcement. That implies to me that it will be a few hours. If I'm speaking to my friends and I'm seeing them later that day I'll say "I'll see you shortly". If we weren't going to find out today, they should have just said we will send you an email before the end of April. It's just got people's hopes up saying shortly, and has more than likely had a few people constantly refreshing their email lol

I don't mean to be negative but I've also applied for the civil service fast stream scheme and their "shortly" was supposed to be end of March, they're now saying early May, and probably late June if this announcement is anything to go by! Nightmare.
Original post by Csedders
I don't mean to be negative but I've also applied for the civil service fast stream scheme and their "shortly" was supposed to be end of March, they're now saying early May, and probably late June if this announcement is anything to go by! Nightmare.

I didn't read it that they were pushing the allocation of locations back, but I suppose it depends on how you interpret it. I thought it would have been the end of this week at the latest, just with how quickly they told people the results... aww well will just need to be patient until next week. Any idea why they aren't posting anything until after the election? Or is that pretty standard for hmrc?
I didn't read it that they were pushing the allocation of locations back, but I suppose it depends on how you interpret it. I thought it would have been the end of this week at the latest, just with how quickly they told people the results... aww well will just need to be patient until next week. Any idea why they aren't posting anything until after the election? Or is that pretty standard for hmrc?

I really don't know. My first thought was "all hands on deck" but then I remembered as a civil servant they've to remain entirely impartial.. no idea sorry.

Yeah that's puzzling .... but perhaps civil service do minimise external communication during an election but as a civil servant I've never experienced it, although maybe as it's Facebook it's not election appropriate

We're in Purdah which means - 'all staff must be scrupulous in the purdah period to ensure that public resources are not used for party political purposes and must not undertake any activity that could call into question their political impartiality. The rules apply to all communications, including social media.' But unsure why that means the TSP Facebook page will be inactive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lizzienicolax
We're in Purdah which means - 'all staff must be scrupulous in the purdah period to ensure that public resources are not used for party political purposes and must not undertake any activity that could call into question their political impartiality. The rules apply to all communications, including social media.' But unsure why that means the TSP Facebook page will be inactive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just in case? In any case by the time of that announcement I thought next week anyway although I'm hoping sooner rather than later. I definitely read it as though they were sticking to the deadline and not delaying the release further ie beyond next week.This is solely rotating around the definition of "shortly" though. :/
I am on the Band O Reserve List after being unsuccessful at the Assessment Centre. The job description on my online portal is for a Front Line Manager role...can anyone clarify if this is a type of Band O role, just because the salary detailed seems higher than other Band O roles (starting at 27k)...
Original post by *Seren*Star*
I am on the Band O Reserve List after being unsuccessful at the Assessment Centre. The job description on my online portal is for a Front Line Manager role...can anyone clarify if this is a type of Band O role, just because the salary detailed seems higher than other Band O roles (starting at 27k)...

Yes it is a band O. Front line manager , operational delivery etc are all band O roles.
It isn't higher than other band O as the band O roles advertised in London has a starting salary of £27K that applies to operational delivery and other band O roles aswell. The pay differs for band O for those not in london.
Hope this helps :smile:
Four days to go...
Original post by bitsambobs
Four days to go...

After all this it will be Friday! But will be glad to find out whenever it is
I'm betting on 5PM on Friday :smile:
Original post by dsmcq1
After all this it will be Friday! But will be glad to find out whenever it is

I'll still be checking every morning. You know......just in case..:biggrin:
Reply 1798
How come we're saying Friday. Am I missing something ha
Original post by Cw192