The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

3 Subjects?

Heya fellow Edinburgh lovers!

This is probably a really silly question but just want 2 get things cleared up as i'm having a gap year so goin 2 Edinburgh in 2005:-)

I'm a bit confused about the 3 subject things u take!!
I'm goin 2 do Classics (1) Ancient History 2) Classical Archaeology)

For my third subject I was thinking of doin Politics.
What happens if I prefer Politics rather than the Classics route?
In my 2nd year cud I then choose another Politics related subject to do??

Does that make any sense at all!!!???

Reply 1
Red
Heya fellow Edinburgh lovers!

This is probably a really silly question but just want 2 get things cleared up as i'm having a gap year so goin 2 Edinburgh in 2005:-)

I'm a bit confused about the 3 subject things u take!!
I'm goin 2 do Classics (1) Ancient History 2) Classical Archaeology)

For my third subject I was thinking of doin Politics.
What happens if I prefer Politics rather than the Classics route?
In my 2nd year cud I then choose another Politics related subject to do??

Does that make any sense at all!!!???

Perfect sense my friend. If you did politics as your third subject then you would almost certainly be able to elect to change your degree. This applies almost universally across the university for almost all subjects. In my case I've worked out that after the 1st year I will hopefully have somewhere between 9 and 11 degrees open to me!!! :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Ah, thanks mate :smile:
Reply 3
Heya!

Have you sent off your application form? Not sure if we have to if we're doing a gap year.... Please let me know-am starting to worry bout it!

x
Reply 4
BonnieLass
Heya!

Have you sent off your application form? Not sure if we have to if we're doing a gap year.... Please let me know-am starting to worry bout it!

x

If your taking a gap year then I'm 99% sure you don't have to send off your accomodation form till next year!!! :smile:
Reply 5
BonnieLass
Heya!

x

If you're talking about your UCAS form, then you can either apply this year and tick the deferred entry box or apply next year. If you mean accomodation/student loan forms then you do them next year.

Latest

Trending

Trending