The Student Room Group

Heading to London Tommorow

Within the last half hour I've arranged a few tours and stuff at Kings, Queen Marys, Imperial and UCL. I've been asked if I want to talk to the admissions tutors in person one on one at UCL.. of course I said yes, but now I feel rather stupid, as I don't really know what to say.

Any ideas? I mean, I know pretty much all of what it says in the prospectuses, and I can't really ask about 'hidden' requirements, as that would be more or less accusing them of lieing in the prospectus. Safe.
Reply 1
Maybe write a draft version of your PS and show it to her - that could stem to lots of other conversations about your application too (work experience, what you read, your understanding of medical careers etc.).

I guess just opening with something really open ended like, 'Tell me about the medicine degree at X university?' - although you may have read the prospectus, I'm sure you'll always pick up more having someone talk through things first hand.

Just a couple of ideas, I think the first one would definately be productive though! Hope you have a good time looking round and find a place where you really want to go to!

Cheers,

Reply 2
You could always ask them what they think the best part of their degree is? That sort of stuff, I guess. What they look for in an applicant, perhaps.
Reply 3
Did you just ring up or email and ask for a tour? Because I want to have a tour around King's because I was away for all their med open days and was wondering what the best way to go about it is.

I hope you have a good time, I'm sure once you get there the qns will come into your head if not im sure they won't hold it against you!
Reply 4
tell them your work experience and go "is this good enough" like everyone else.. and suss out if it's worth applying there.

perhaps ask if you can see stats on how many applications they get, offers they make, average grades of applicants, interview to applicant ratio, offer to interview ratio, etc. But don't ask stuff that's in the prospectus obviously.

Latest

Trending

Trending