The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine 2017 Entry [A100]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CutieTootsie
I think mega bus :smile: and probs stay the night before in a hotel (maybe Jury's Inn lol)

im gonna have to take a plane to brisol most likely, being from northern ireland
My interview is on the 6th at 10.15 , And I'm from the midlands area so its an EARLY start for me, maybe like 6am!
The only reason i chose to apply to plymouth was because of the low cut offs........I have no clue about the city(or town!) , i didn't even know where it was on the map when I considered applying for it haha.
Original post by Mathsmad123
The only reason i chose to apply to plymouth was because of the low cut offs........I have no clue about the city(or town!) , i didn't even know where it was on the map when I considered applying for it haha.

😂😂 well done though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
😂😂 well done though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers. Have you been to the open day? What did you think about it? I finally gathered plymouth is a boat port. lol.
Original post by Janoschr
im gonna have to take a plane to brisol most likely, being from northern ireland

I live in bristol!

Why not fly to Exeter?
Why not fly to Exeter?

flying to bristol is half the price of the flight to exeter
Reply 388
I'm quite worried as I have an UKCAT score of 610. I haven't heard anything yet. Waiting for the rejection.. 😓
(edited 7 years ago)

Omg I once lived in Plymouth and went to the Medicine open day so I know first hand!

The open day was fantastic- literally your dream medical school. Fantastic library, just for medics, in the heart of the hospital.

Nightlife in plymouth is fantastic if you prefer bars over clubs - think like a sailor 😉 and everyone seems to be down to earth and so chilled!

HOWEVER plymouth is known to be the worst dressed city - I have no idea where the hell they get their dress sense from 😂😂😂 the sailors I guess 😂😂😂😂

Oh yeah, and the campus is in the middle of the city (yay to cheap taxis on a night out) 😊
Omg I once lived in Plymouth and went to the Medicine open day so I know first hand!

The open day was fantastic- literally your dream medical school. Fantastic library, just for medics, in the heart of the hospital.

Nightlife in plymouth is fantastic if you prefer bars over clubs - think like a sailor 😉 and everyone seems to be down to earth and so chilled!

HOWEVER plymouth is known to be the worst dressed city - I have no idea where the hell they get their dress sense from 😂😂😂 the sailors I guess 😂😂😂😂

Oh yeah, and the campus is in the middle of the city (yay to cheap taxis on a night out) 😊

Thank you for such an informative account! And that seems great then! It will motivate me for this interview
I was worried that the nightlife would be dead, but it seems it won't be haha! Oh I don't care about the dress sense!
This seems like a weird questions, but is plymouth hilly? Im a cross country runner so i need some good hilly land to run and cycle on.
Why not fly to Exeter?

Guess Ill be taking that same route then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for such an informative account! And that seems great then! It will motivate me for this interview
I was worried that the nightlife would be dead, but it seems it won't be haha! Oh I don't care about the dress sense!
This seems like a weird questions, but is plymouth hilly? Im a cross country runner so i need some good hilly land to run and cycle on.

I'm not really one for going out but do they have a lot of cafes ?

Cheers. Have you been to the open day? What did you think about it? I finally gathered plymouth is a boat port. lol.

No I've not been to an open day because I live in the Midlands too in Cheshire so it's a massive and expensive journey for me so I couldn't go :frown: but I've read stuff online about it and it looks really nice there! I wish they did prosection or dissection though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a total of 1872 for the UKCAT. Will I get an interview? I am so worried since I was rejected from Exeter today as well.
Hi, my daughter has an interview email Today for the 7th December, her stats are, GCSE's 8A's, 2B's, 1 C, predicted A*AA, UKCAT 2060 (686 Avg), Band 2.

plymouth is very hilly, and has an athletics team with many long distance runners (i know because i'm an athlete myself and checked it out).

Original post by sookie17
I'm not really one for going out but do they have a lot of cafes ?

I'd say they do, quality shopping too, not a lot, but the quality shops are there. plenty of restaurants to eat at too and not to mention the Hoe is gorgeous in the summer.

Original post by Boss987
I have a total of 1872 for the UKCAT. Will I get an interview? I am so worried since I was rejected from Exeter today as well.

sorry about your rejection :frown: but you made the cut-off so if you meet the minimum gcse grades, you should get one I think! ask @michaela__
I have an interview on the 12th! So glad as Plymouth is my favourite :biggrin:
Reply 398

Hey, I'm from Ireland and studied at Plym previously. Most of the time I travelled from Belfast to Exeter and then got the train to Plym. It's practically the same price if you book in advance and the travel time by train is shorter between Exeter than it is Bristol. Also, be careful of not booking the train ahead of time because it can cost a bomb if you buy it then and there (£40 one-way for an adult from Bristol to Plym).
Original post by GoT1563
Hey, I'm from Ireland and studied at Plym previously. Most of the time I travelled from Belfast to Exeter and then got the train to Plym. It's practically the same price if you book in advance and the travel time by train is shorter between Exeter than it is Bristol. Also, be careful of not booking the train ahead of time because it can cost a bomb if you buy it then and there (£40 one-way for an adult from Bristol to Plym).

from what i've seen its £120 for BLST->exeter while its £40 to bristol (both are return) not sure what the individual train prices are to plymouth and work out which is cheaper. Thanks for the advice anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending