The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine 2017 Entry [A100]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gezza_O'Brien
Plymouth sent me an email saying I got an offer and it will be added to track in the next 24 hours. Has anyone else had this? I haven't even told anyone get, I keep thinking it's just too good to be true hahah. Gonna wait for the track offer before I tell people just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got an offer then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plymouth sent me an email saying I got an offer and it will be added to track in the next 24 hours. Has anyone else had this? I haven't even told anyone get, I keep thinking it's just too good to be true hahah. Gonna wait for the track offer before I tell people just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile

For some reason I didn't get any emails but I just logged into track in case anything was there and then a few hours later I got one from UCAS telling me to check track even though the offer had been there for hours and then this morning I got an email from Plymouth telling me to expect an email from track even though I'd got one aha
Original post by Watermelonvogue
For some reason I didn't get any emails but I just logged into track in case anything was there and then a few hours later I got one from UCAS telling me to check track even though the offer had been there for hours and then this morning I got an email from Plymouth telling me to expect an email from track even though I'd got one aha

It's just freaking me out like I haven't got an official offer til it's on track so idk where I stand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daisy1202
Well... my application has been deferred and a decision will be made after they have interviewed everyone. Basically a rejection then 😂😂😂

I'm got the exact same dayum don't know if I can wait till end of March.
Original post by mikejordan97
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the info of 21.0-22.0 being waiting list score?

Freedom of information. 21.33 and above got an offer in Feb/march

Posted from TSR Mobile
They save 25% of their offers for Feb interviews as well which is actually quite a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what score did everyone else have to get to get an official offer ?
Original post by michaela__
They save 25% of their offers for Feb interviews as well which is actually quite a lot!

I thought that they interviewed the same number before and after Christmas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the exact same thing! Honestly thought it was a rejection when I read the "Thank you for your recent interview.." I was expecting an "unfortunately" straight after. I was worried cause people were saying that they had an email from UCAS before they got their offer which I didn't get. Lol I've already told my family so too late
I thought that they interviewed the same number before and after Christmas?

I don't know but on the phone they just told me that about the 25%. They interview internationals in Feb as well which have a different interview cut off score to home applicants I know that much! I doubt many home applicants would have deferred for the feb interview as you need special circumstances really.

Original post by angoranimi
I got the exact same thing! Honestly thought it was a rejection when I read the "Thank you for your recent interview.." I was expecting an "unfortunately" straight after. I was worried cause people were saying that they had an email from UCAS before they got their offer which I didn't get. Lol I've already told my family so too late

Omg same I was fully expecting the next line to be "we regret to inform you...". Total shock when I realised it was good news. I spoke to my head of sixth form (because I'm a massive worrier) and she thinks the only reason they haven't put it on track yet is because they need to decide what offer to give me because I'm a resit gap year student so I've got some achieved grades and some pending so they can't just send the standard AAA offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manda13marie
Do you guys know if there's any international applicants who received any interview ? Bc I have yet to hear from them ):

I have yet to hear as well

Reply 792
Well... my application has been deferred and a decision will be made after they have interviewed everyone. Basically a rejection then 😂😂😂

Mine too - SOOO scared good luck xx
Omg same I was fully expecting the next line to be "we regret to inform you...". Total shock when I realised it was good news. I spoke to my head of sixth form (because I'm a massive worrier) and she thinks the only reason they haven't put it on track yet is because they need to decide what offer to give me because I'm a resit gap year student so I've got some achieved grades and some pending so they can't just send the standard AAA offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh makes sense! God I hope they don't ask for an A* in my Biology resit then lol. I already have an achieved A* aswell so I really don't know what offer they'll give me. Just have to wait. Still in shock tbh
Ahhh makes sense! God I hope they don't ask for an A* in my Biology resit then lol. I already have an achieved A* aswell so I really don't know what offer they'll give me. Just have to wait. Still in shock tbh

Well done! Don't know if this will help calm you down but they normally only ask for an A in your resit subject so you'll be fine 😋

Guys since Plymouth and Exeter use to be the same uni and hence have v similar course structures, which one would you choose? Counting my chickens before they hatch but fingers crossed expecting an offer from Exeter

They've just changed my track, and my offer is for AA (already achieved 2 other A's) so I doubt they'd make an offer A*, it's just not very fair. You've got nothing to worry about, well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

if it's any help, i'm a resitter and my offer was an A in the one i'm retaking
Original post by samrosenwalker
guys since plymouth and exeter use to be the same uni and hence have v similar course structures, which one would you choose? Counting my chickens before they hatch but fingers crossed expecting an offer from exeter

plymouth!
Reply 799
@samrosenwalker

Me too, but just out of interest - to current med students/anyone in the know- what do you reckon the impact of the split of Peninsula has been?

I heard somewhere that most of the top academics had gone to Exeter - but tbh that could well be a load of rubbish! Though from researching (googling) I'm kind of getting the opinion that the research is of better quality in Exeter, at least it seemed to have better facilities and higher up the rankings in the Research Excellence Framework

Speaking of rankings - seems to vary depending on where you look so confused on that part. Though both look great.

What are the facilities like?
Exeter's website is a lot more informative. But google tells me Plymouth has this really cool virtual dissection table called Anatomage, don't want to base a decision just on that but it does look AWESOME.

*What are the pros & cons of each?* (know there's a separate feed but it wasn't that detailed)

One thing that draws me to Plymouth is Derriford
Largest hospital in South West?
Only major trauma centre in South West.

Would this have a significant impact on later more clinical years??

Totally getting cocky about that non-existent Exeter offer but I'd just like to know as much as poss about those two medical schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending