The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

is there anyone in development studies?(or management)

hi,

I want to apply for development studies for my graduate
and I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I barely fit the minimum GPA and I know I don't have
high grades but it would be great if somebody could tell
me if I have a chance.

1) Does 3.6/4.5 don't really stand a chance?

2) After graduating, do you usually do internships in your country(I'm an international) and then get a job or is it better to find a job where international organizations are stationed?

3) I read the prospectus and I know there are some differences but I don't get
what difference it will make in getting a job. Does the management focus on "management, admin" while studies only dig in to academic stuff?

4) I'm interested in international organizations like UNDP, UNHCR, World Bank. Degrees don't guarantee to get a job but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how the reputation is in development(I only know that economics is in the 1st tier with harvard)

thanks in advance
If you don't meet the entry requirements you're unlikely to get a place. The entry requirements will be on the uni website. The uni should have grad destinations on their website and if not email and ask. The course structure will give you an idea of what will be taught and in what depth. If you're not from the UK you may want to think about where you may want to work and what their requirements are. Getting a job here is very difficult so don't count on it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
If you don't meet the entry requirements you're unlikely to get a place. The entry requirements will be on the uni website. The uni should have grad destinations on their website and if not email and ask. The course structure will give you an idea of what will be taught and in what depth. If you're not from the UK you may want to think about where you may want to work and what their requirements are. Getting a job here is very difficult so don't count on it.

thanks for the info, I found out that 3.5 is the minimum on a 4.5 standard so I do fit but it isn't that high. I'm going to go for it anyway, and I'll have to work on my SOP and other stuff really hard.
As I said I read the prospectus and course info too, just wanted to get some advice from people out in the field. Thanks for the advice that getting a job in the UK is difficult though. I should rule out the possibility of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending