The Student Room Group

Armpit pain

Occasionally I will get a pain in my left armpit that seems to have no trigger.

I have briefly mentioned this to a doctor before when I was having breast pain so they had a quick check of it and said it was probably muscular and to take some tablets for a while. I also got a better fitting bra for the breast pain. Anyway that seemed to help and I didn't notice the pain for a while so I figured it was sorted.

Now it's back though and without the breast pain. I did have a cyst in that area around when I first noticed the pain (a good few months ago) which I thought could be the cause but that is now gone so I don't think it's that anymore. I have also had ingrown hairs, but again not aways when i have the pain.

I can't see anything visibly wrong, but when the pain is there I can notice a tender patch under my skin. I don't believe this is a lump as i can feel a simmilar (just not tender) patch on the other side.

I will eventually talk to a doctor about it, but I have a lot of other problems that keep taking priority so it tends to get forgotten. In the meantime it would be nice if anybody has any ideas of either what it is or how i might help it or whatever.

Thanks in advance :smile:
How did you know it was a cyst?

Was the lump over the skin?

Is it still there?

Don't use Dr google, most pain is normal and not worrying most of the time. Go to the visit the doctor if your very concerned.

(I get this too from time to time).
Reply 2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How did you know it was a cyst?

Was the lump over the skin?

Is it still there?

Don't use Dr google, most pain is normal and not worrying most of the time. Go to the visit the doctor if your very concerned.

(I get this too from time to time).

Got it checked by a dr and confirmed as a cyst.
Not there anymore unless it's much smaller now and just lurking out of sight/ feel.
Pain is not actually from where the cyst is/ was. It's close enough that it could possibly have been causing pressure, but I doubt that now.

Not too concerned it's just annoying and I want it to go away. Dr will take me a while since I have a lot of other things to sort out before this.

Quick Reply

Latest