Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Which course do you have an offer for?
English
What are the course requirements?
BBC
What grades are you predicted or already have?
predicted ABBC
How quickly did you get an offer after your application?
It was my last offer, I got it beginning of January.
Did you have to have an interview?
No
What are you most looking forward to?
learning more about my chosen subject, meeting new people and being in a different environment to study :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by BurstingBubbles
This thread is for those who have received offers, either conditional or unconditional. First of all, congratulations! :h:

BA Primary Education with QTS
BBC (My offer was lowered to BCC)
Passing skills tests
DBS check
Health check
BBB
Well, I sent in my application a week before the Christmas holidays and received an offer to interview in mid Jan. Went to my interview on 1 March and just heard today that I have a conditional offer.
Yup :smile: They were super amazing.
Being around professionals in their field and learning everything that I can. Also, the hands on approach to the course is amazing alongside the move next year to the South campus.
Original post by zebby1999
Yup :smile: They were super amazing.
Being around professionals in their field and learning everything that I can. Also, the hands on approach to the course is amazing alongside the move next year to the South campus.

Hey Zebby1999,

That's great to hear! Hopefully we'll be seeing you in September! :banana:

If you have any questions in the meantime, just ask. :biggrin:

All the best,
Lydia
The BCU team
I've been offered a conditional place for midwifery 2017 and I'm so excited because it's my first choice uni! I've heard all the health care students are in similar/close halls, this may not be true but if so, id love to get to know any health care students beforehand:h:
Original post by megmarshall18
I've been offered a conditional place for midwifery 2017 and I'm so excited because it's my first choice uni! I've heard all the health care students are in similar/close halls, this may not be true but if so, id love to get to know any health care students beforehand:h:

Hi hun, congratulations on your offer, I've got an offer for children's nursing. Which halls are you choosing? x
Hi, I've accepted a conditional offer for mental health nursing, January 2018 start (couldn't find a post for that)
Reply 26
Hello everybody,

I applied to study at Birmingham City this September.

There have been two deaths in my family this year, which has impacted on my mental health and grades. However, my college very kindly wrote me a supporting letter to say that I was fully capable of achieving a good grade.

The university simply dismissed this letter and rejected my application. I have the option to go to three other great universities, so I must emphasise that I am not bitter in any way, but hate the thought of anybody else potentially being treated the same.

To anybody who has received an offer, all I ask is that you consider if this is the type of university you would like to attend when there are many others out there, who are a lot more supportive and understanding in times of need.

I genuinely hope that you all have a great time wherever you decide to go.

Best wishes,
Daryll
I am in the process of choosing my undergraduate accommodation in the City Centre and found these situated to my place of study at the Curzon building:
Jennens Court,
Curzon gateway,
University Locks and
The Heights
I was wondering if any previous students had lived in any of these accommodations or could give any positives/negatives to any. Also, does anyone know if Jennens Court has a common room?

Thank you.
Original post by qwertymaria
I am in the process of choosing my undergraduate accommodation in the City Centre and found these situated to my place of study at the Curzon building:
Jennens Court,
Curzon gateway,
University Locks and
The Heights
I was wondering if any previous students had lived in any of these accommodations or could give any positives/negatives to any. Also, does anyone know if Jennens Court has a common room?

Thank you.

Hey qwertymaria,

Have you looked at our new accommodation pages on our website yet? You can see full details of each of the halls of residence you've mentioned which might help you decide!

They are all quite similar in style, facilities and price and are all really close to the Curzon building for you, so I wouldn't worry about making the wrong decision.

Jennens Court does have social areas yes, I'm pretty sure they all have common rooms.

Jennens, Curzon and Uni Locks are all pretty much on campus and no more than a 5 minute walk, The Heights is a little further to walk though but still really close.
However, I lived in the Heights in my first year and the one thing I wish I knew beforehand was that as it's private accommodation and really close to Aston Uni, it wasn't all BCU students but a mix of Uni's so I was in a flat with all Aston 2nd years which was a little tricky through freshers! But you might be able to state preferences to live with other first years if you were bothered about that. I think the others automatically group people into years of study.

I hope this helps, but just ask if you have anymore questions! :biggrin:

Lydia,
The BCU team
Reply 29
Hello Guys :biggrin:

I have a firm offer for MSc in Management & International Business. Anyone else studying in the Business School?

Best Regards,

Lev :smile:
I have a conditional offer from BCU for fashion business and promotion. I have to get BBC and I'm predicted BBB. I didn't have an interview. I haven't actually been to an open day to look at this specific course so I don't really know what it's like but I am definitely interested in the sound of it. 😊😊
Original post by Kirstie.C
I have a conditional offer from BCU for fashion business and promotion. I have to get BBC and I'm predicted BBB. I didn't have an interview. I haven't actually been to an open day to look at this specific course so I don't really know what it's like but I am definitely interested in the sound of it. 😊😊

Hey Kirstie!

Well done on your conditional offer! :rave:

If you haven't been to an Open Day yet there's still time to come and see the campus and fashion facilities. We have an Open Day coming up next month on Saturday 17 June. It will give you a really good idea of what it's like to study here and ask any questions about the course and meet the tutors that could be teaching you. I'd definitely suggest coming along :h:

Are you from near-by Birmingham or would you be moving here?

If you have any other questions about the course, uni or student life here, just shout!

Lydia
Hi thank you!! Is the 17th of June a post offer day or just an open day? I will hopefully be moving to Birmingham because I am from near Bristol 😊
Reply 33
PGCE Post Compulsory Education and Training

Lower Second Class Honours at Bachelor's
GCSE C in both English and Mathematics

I already have an upper Second Class Honours BSc
B in GCE O level English
A* in iGCSE Mathematics

I got an offer for an interview two weeks later and received an offer two days after the interview.

Did you have to have an interview? (Note: Please do not discuss specific interview questions)
Yes

I'm looking forward to starting the course and also meeting new people
Original post by Kirstie.C
Hi thank you!! Is the 17th of June a post offer day or just an open day? I will hopefully be moving to Birmingham because I am from near Bristol 😊

Hey Kirstie,

It was an Open Day so open to everybody to come along, did you make it?
That's great! Bristol isn't too far on the train if you need to go back and forth :h:

If you have any questions about Birmingham let us know!

Lydia
Original post by AnnaHari
PGCE Post Compulsory Education and Training

Hi AnnaHari.

Congratulations on your offer! We're looking forward to meeting you :h:

Let us know if you have any questions.

All the best,
Lydia
Results days nearly here, how's everyone feeling?
I'm scared I'll miss out by one grade but I have my A in EPQ to help with ucas points if that happens, hope it'll be enough. :/
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending