The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth - Photography BA

Hey
So I'm thinking of applying to Falmouth next year (2017/18) to do photography but I don't know if I'm meant to provide a portfolio with my application. So do I need to provide one or will they just look at my A Levels?
Thanks 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Jade,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For our BA(Hons)Photography course a typical offer is between 104 and 120 UCAS points.

However, due to the creative nature of our courses, you will be considered on your own individual merit, potential to succeed and portfolio.

If you go to the our website it will give you further advice about how to prepare a portfolio.

Also, it might be beneficial for you to visit us on an Open Day if you haven't already. There is one on Saturday 29 October, or alternatively 19 November. This way you can talk in detail with current Photography students and tutors.

Hope this helps!
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
That definitely help.
Thank you!
I applied and received offers for photography at Falmouth earlier this year. They do require a portfolio and will likely base their decision more on your work than your grades. I had to upload an online portfolio of 20-30 images before I was offered an interview. Then for the interview you'll be expected to bring along a printed portfolio to be able to talk through with them. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by TeaWolf
I applied and received offers for photography at Falmouth earlier this year. They do require a portfolio and will likely base their decision more on your work than your grades. I had to upload an online portfolio of 20-30 images before I was offered an interview. Then for the interview you'll be expected to bring along a printed portfolio to be able to talk through with them. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you for you help on this TeaWolf! Good Luck with the rest of you academic career. :smile:
Original post by TeaWolf

Thank you! That definitely helped 😊

Quick Reply

Latest