The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Maths GCSE Grade is one grade off of Entry Requirements.

I completed my Maths GCSE during the last year of Teacher Assessed grades due to COVID and achieved a Grade 4. I am looking to apply to the Business course at Exeter University however the entry requirements say that I would need a Grade 5 in GCSE Maths. Would I still be able to apply and be accepted on a Grade 4 because they were completed during the "COVID years"?
what a levels do you do and what grades are you predicted/ exact business course are you looking at for exeter
Original post by Anonymous
I completed my Maths GCSE during the last year of Teacher Assessed grades due to COVID and achieved a Grade 4. I am looking to apply to the Business course at Exeter University however the entry requirements say that I would need a Grade 5 in GCSE Maths. Would I still be able to apply and be accepted on a Grade 4 because they were completed during the "COVID years"?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
what a levels do you do and what grades are you predicted/ exact business course are you looking at for exeter

A Levels are Business, Finance and Photography. Finance is A, Business is Distinction and Photography C. Course would most likely be BSc Business and Management.
Im pretty sure your C would rule you out in the first place anyway no? because even with contextual the requirement is ABB
A Levels are Business, Finance and Photography. Finance is A, Business is Distinction and Photography C. Course would most likely be BSc Business and Management.
Reply 4
I could end up getting the B in photography, it just needs some more work done to it that can take it into the Grade B section. If not I think there's another course that has BBC as the requirements?
Reply 5
I could end up getting the B in photography, it just needs some more work done to it that can take it into the Grade B section. If not I think there's another course that has BBC as the requirements?

GCSE grades are normally non-negotiable.
Yes if you meet the contextual requirements. But this is at the Exeter Penryn campus which is like 3 hours from the main campus. This campus is shared with Falmouth University. It's quite remote so has quite a small nightlife scene. However, it is a lovely campus I looked around it this year and it's my 2nd choice if I fail to get into Bath. But you shouldn't be deterred from applying with the grades that you have been predicted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending